Converting VHS, VHS-C & Hi8 Tapes to Digital - Any recommendations?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I've got a small collection (~20) of standard VHS, VHS-C (with titles like Little Moab & Helldorado 1999), and Hi8 camcorder tapes I would love to digitize. Some are mine, some belonged to others and ended up with me. I'm seeing prices of ~$15/each online.

Any good local services in that ballpark you can recommend?

20231123_130241.jpg

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I've got a small collection (~20) of standard VHS, VHS-C (with titles like Little Moab & Helldorado 1999), and Hi8 camcorder tapes I would love to digitize. Some are mine, some belonged to others and ended up with me. I'm seeing prices of ~$15/each online.

Any good local services in that ballpark you can recommend?

View attachment 166829
If you have a player I have the software and cables to capture them. I can do VHS, but not the others.

OldGeezer

I tried Costco for film conversion...it was horrible. Cropped the pictures being the biggest problem. I ended up using Larsen Digital in Ogden. They have sales every now and again.
If you want to DIY I have both a Hi8 deck and a VHS-C adapter that uses any VHS recorder you can borrow. Probably have a Hi8 camcorder somewhere too.

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
If you go to a "FamilySearch Center" they can do most or all of those things for free. You have to do them yourself but most have a multi-speed option. I went on a tour at the Riverton one off of 134th and couldn't believe all the things they did there. I'm pretty sure it is for everyone whether you are a church member or not.

If you go to a "FamilySearch Center" they can do most or all of those things for free. You have to do them yourself but most have a multi-speed option. I went on a tour at the Riverton one off of 134th and couldn't believe all the things they did there. I'm pretty sure it is for everyone whether you are a church member or not.
I've used the one at the Riverton familysearch you are describing. Free for anyone to use, but you might need to reserve it.