Cool camping spots around Heber/ Roosevelt/ Vernal?

UTAHCRUISER

Supporting Vendor!
I am getting ready to take a week off and go do some camping, and I was sort of planning on heading up to the Heber/ Roosevelt/ Vernal area. I was hoping for some good suggestions as to cool places to go camping up there...

Can anyone recommend some good spots in that general area? They need to be dog friendly, and hopefully have lots of trees and running water or a lake. Some fun wheeling spots nearby would be cool, but not really necessary!

Thanks for any suggestions!
Chad

pepper

In Rosevelt area there is Uintah Canyon it has a couple of lakes. No RV parks. It is about 15 miles north of Roosevelt. Vernal There is the Goege, Red fleet, Steinaker. Above Heber there is Strawberry. Around Heber there is Jorden L and Deer Creek. Herzog could tell you more about the lakes around Heber.

There is Moon Lake area you have a few good lakes.

teknodestrukto

Have you been up White Rocks Canyon? Great little fishing area. There are some cool sights and camping in Browns Park area and an area similar ro Little Moab just SE of Vernal...:)

UTAHCRUISER

Supporting Vendor!
Thanks for the info. Where is White Rocks Canyon? I work up in the Vernal and Roosevelt areas on occasion, but I have not really had any chances to explore.

teknodestrukto said:
Have you been up White Rocks Canyon? Great little fishing area. There are some cool sights and camping in Browns Park area and an area similar ro Little Moab just SE of Vernal...:)

UTAHCRUISER

Supporting Vendor!
Where is that? The only areas that I have checked out up there are a little bit of Dinosaur National Monument, and Flaming Gorge. The Monument has some pretty cool stuff, but not enought trees for shade this time of year!

Tacoma said:
near the oxbow in Vernal is kind of neat.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
check out an aerial view or even that red UT topo map book, it's a big oxbow in the river... there is a dirt road that goes out there... I haven't been up in a LONG time (like, 7 or 8 yrs) but we just went out there and camped down by the river... no gates/fences that I remember.

Clutch

East park above Vernal heading to toward Flaming gorge is nice. I Elk up there every year and really like the area. You can fish at East Park and is Dog Freindly. There is a lot of primative camping around the area.
The red Cloud loop is up there also and is a fun area to see.