Cool old coins

Sawtooth

Hagisch
Found these coins packed away in a closet.I got them in a storage unit sale years ago.They were in a little container that was mixed with other coins around the world.This is the first time I ever really looked to see what coins were there and how old they were.These were some of the oldest in the group.If anyone knows anything about these,please share.I would love to learn more about them.Brian Passey?Thanks,Matt

Attachments

• DSCN1617 (Copy).JPG
    DSCN1617 (Copy).JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 55

MOODY

Bald Guy
I've got some information, in fact I have some of those same ones. I can loan you a couple of book that will give you most of the history of them. If you google them you'll find there is a bunch of info out there.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
WOW, Called by name!
I have a bunch of old coins as well, However, I know very little about them, I suggest following Rogers suggestion, I do know of a couple of good coin shops though.
Best of luck

Sawtooth

Hagisch
Thanks for the responses.I haven't ever researched coin value,but I did find a few of them online.From what I can tell,a couple of them might be worth $10.Just cool to have I guess.Thanks I'll keep researching.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
No, NO NO do not clean or touch. Leave them as they are. You could wear rubber gloves and individually case them but better to leave them as they are.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Nerd alert...;)

Kidding. I used to pick up loose change while knocking doors in FL for two awful years.. In 1yr of doing that I collected around $80, with some old coinage to boot.. Not sure where I stored some of the older coins from that adventure.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Leave the coins exactly as you found them. You can haul them to a few collectors around town (I'd go to multiple shops) to get an average value out of them.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Sounds like a fun adventure you can share with your kids, I would be more curious about the history of each coin than the value. Oldest coins I have are only about 80 years old, plus a cased set from the 1991 Leningrad Mint that was never put into circulation.