Cool Pic with questions by me!

Green-Tonka-CJ5

BEE-DUHB
So I came across this picture, I'm wondering if some of you with more experience could help me find out who makes that half hard top on the CJ-5. Understandably very rare I imagine. Also i have the same set up, Wagoneer going to be used to pull my CJ-5 to the trails but bumper towing. Any suggestions to help the rear suspension on my Wagoneer not to sag this badly if i ended up trailer towing my rig? Add a leaf? Airbags? Just heavy duty shocks? Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• PROOF!.jpg
    PROOF!.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 103

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
No idea on the top, air bags are the way to go, they hold the weight without killing the ride when empty. I even noticed that Air Lift make a kit for the old wagoneers.

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
do you have any other pics of the halfcab? It might be one of those weird hard bikini tops that were around in the 80s and a set of full soft doors. Its kinda hard to tell from the picture. There are some rare half-cabs from CJ-6's. They will fit a 5 as well. It might make the parts search easier for you.

I also vote for 'bags on the waggy.

Green-Tonka-CJ5

BEE-DUHB
Here are some random pics. You can tell on the newer 5's that the door sweeps back near the top, not square like cj'7s and 8's. The 76+ tops are made by acme fiberglass hardtop i believe, then the square ones are something like orville meyers steel and aluminum tops. OF course the hatari Cj-6 halfcab, and a fun advertisment for wagoneers. Enjoy

Attachments

• 76 and newer.jpg
    76 and newer.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 80s.jpg
    80s.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Orville meyers on 83.jpg
    Orville meyers on 83.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Kelly early.jpg
    Kelly early.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Hatari.jpg
    Hatari.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 9

Green-Tonka-CJ5

BEE-DUHB
My towing set up currently, (last pic) i have yet to tow a good distance though. Will do a 5 mile pass trip for a test from Orem. Sorry its a tiny cell phone pic

Attachments

• halfcab.jpg
    halfcab.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 6
  • halfcab1.jpg
    halfcab1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 5
  • like father love son.jpg
    like father love son.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 7
  • GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 10

v-stone

Here are some random pics. You can tell on the newer 5's that the door sweeps back near the top, not square like cj'7s and 8's. The 76+ tops are made by acme fiberglass hardtop i believe, then the square ones are something like orville meyers steel and aluminum tops. OF course the hatari Cj-6 halfcab, and a fun advertisment for wagoneers. Enjoy

Where did you find the picture of the CJ-6??? I'm looking for ideas on a top for my CJ-6.