Corner Canyon?

XJumpmaster

XJumpmaster
Took a little drive up to the trailhead and what do ya know? The gate was open! So I proceeded on through, noting the sign that said open to motorized street legal vehicles. About a mile up, maybe less, I came to another gate. After getting out to investigate, got back in and had to do a many pointed turn to turn around. I was kinda bummed out that it ended as abruptly as it did and offered nothing worth 4 wheel drive and is heavily posted restricting driving off the main road. So anti-climatic! Any way, I remember a while back there was some talk about opening Corner Canyon back up fully to the top but can't find it. I went back through the posts a full year. Can anyone let us know what came of the planning meetings and possible future plans of this canyon? I have a lot of fond memories learning to wheel and wheel responsibly up there.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Hmmm, I thought I wrote a finalized summary somewhere? (can't find it right now)

Heres the cliff notes version:

The steering committee recommended that the trails be closed to motorized recreation. The amount of private property, city property (park zoning) and the county's conservation easement, etc... didn't leave much room for anything. The issue was magnified by the fact its borderd by Forest Service and Wilderness on one side and a sprawling community on the other side.

The roads won't likely dissapear soon, they will be used as possibly paved roads to future parking lots for hikes, biking, etc. Time will tell but is unlikely we will see anything???

Nothing is likely to change... :(