Couple with the new Foxpro

DAA

Got to use my new Foxpro CS-24C for the first time the other day. I'm REALLY liking this new caller.

20131108_Coyote%20Hunt-9W2.jpg

You'll have to excuse the mess, using the 6/284, it tends to make them extra dead - and I have them all ugly side down for the picture...

About the caller though. I've been campaigning a CS-24 for several years now and it has been my all time favorite caller bar none.

In the last year I have also been using a Shockwave once in awhile. The feature set of the Shockwave is impressive, it does everything except make my coffee for me and has a real loud clear ring to it.

But what I like best about the Shockwave, is the TX1000 remote. The display, the buttons, the way you navigate sounds, the extra features like moon phase and barometer display etc., I just love that remote. It is by FAR the best I have ever used.

Anyway... Shockwave is awesome and I love the remote, but I usually take the CS-24 instead. For the simple reason that the form factor of it just makes it easier for me to carry in my left hand along with my turkey stool and my shooting sticks. The Shockwave is just a little bit more of a chunk, to where I usually reach for the CS-24 instead, most of the time.

But, now, the new CS-24C, combines the best of both worlds. A CS-24, with the TX1000 remote. I'm a happy camper!

Check out this toad, the first customer to step up to my CS-24C. I weighed him, 39 pounds even. Judging by the teeth, I guess him at 5 or 6 years old - canines were amber nubs, front teeth almost to the gums, which have turned mostly white. Look at the belly on that sucker! I had to know, opened it up, he's been eating antelope.

20131108_Coyote%20Hunt-3W2.jpg

- DAA

DAA

I wonder what they taste like ?

Terrible! Even worse than they smell. Well, actually, I like the way they smell, in a familiar/happy memory association kind of way, but most people don't, and even though I do, I wouldn't like to tast that smell. But they taste worse than that.

Bobcat on the other hand, the backstrap is some good grub! And no, it doesn't taste like chicken. More like pork.

- DAA