Coyote Canyon, first official run

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Moab Friends-For-Wheelin' celebrated the re-opening of Coyote Canyon today with the first official run since it was closed in 2008! We had six capable rigs, and made it through without any real problems, although we did have to stack a rock or two for the smaller-tire rigs. The trail seemed about the same as the last time we ran it a few years ago. Maybe a bit easier, or maybe it was just that our vehicles have improved, but it was a complete blast!

To reserve a date, go to the Moab BLM site here: http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab/recreation/motorized_routes/coyote_canyon.html. Permits can be reserved 60 days in advance, and are free.

Kiosk and gate:
004.jpg
[/IMG]
037.jpg
[/IMG]
052.jpg
[/IMG]
056.jpg
[/IMG]
068.jpg
[/IMG]
095.jpg
[/IMG]
111.jpg
[/IMG]

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
We had a couple of spies (maybe they were snipers???) watching us from the ridge above
211.jpg
[/IMG]
125.jpg
[/IMG]
175.jpg
[/IMG]
221.jpg
[/IMG]
229.jpg
[/IMG]
258.jpg
[/IMG]
268.jpg
[/IMG]

I have a lot more pics, I'll try to get some more posted later.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
That must have felt so great to run it for the first time again after all the years of work to get it back open! Congrats guys! You deserve it.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
A lot of fun after a lot of work. This may be the first but with a lot of effort hopefully not the last trail to be opened. I think Paria and Canaan should be next.

madcow246

Rick, it looks like you may have a new scratch in Shauna's old rig!

Looking good... I'm looking forward to having Shauna's new rig ready later this Summer, we'll let you know when we're coming down.

John

sixstringsteve

Great report. It's cool to see a moab trail that favors the shorter wheelbase. That looks like an absolute blast! How long did it take to run the entire trail?

webyepn

gone yeepn
Way to go guys! Let this be an example to all of us that with patience and the right words our voices can be herd and we can get trails re-opened. My hat goes off to all of you!!! Ho-rawwww.

Congratulations! Just shows what can be done with perseverance. As they used to say back in the 70s: "Don't let the turkeys get you down!"

EB101

Congratulations! It must feel great to see all that hard work pay off. I'm looking forward to seeing the trail personally one day.