Coyote Canyon! It's Time.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Just spoke with Katie at the BLM, they're receiving a lot of comments, both for and against. If we want to see this trail reopened, now is the time to do it, we'll never have another chance if this one fails. As Jeff said the comment period has been extended 21 days, "somebody" asked for a 30 day extension, only 21 days were granted.

Please, please write in!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Post up on your facebook or google+ or whatever accounts for people to write letters in! We still need as many as we can get!

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Comment period closes on Friday, September 30th. This is your last chance to help re-open Coyote Canyon!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Can't remember if I wrote in earlier but I am drafting one on behalf of myself and the ExpeditionUtah community now.

To Whom It May Concern;

I am writing on behalf of myself and the ExpeditionUtah.com community, comprised of over 1000 members who recreate on a regular basis within the Moab Field Office and area boundaries.

I have reviewed in depth the Coyote Canyon Environmental Assessment and feel that the BLM did a great job covering the task at hand. I appreciate the depth at which the BLM covered the assessment and the due diligence promoted by the NEPA process. Motorized users including the Moab Friends for Wheelin club have likewise done their due diligence and I believe that this route should be added to the Resource Management Plan as a motorized use.

Its further my opinion its not only in an obligation for the BLM to re-poen this route to the motorized community but also an excellent opportunity to provide a quality yet technical route to that segment of the 4x4 community. Technical and challenging routes are few and far in the greater Moab area. I feel that by offering more route options for those crowds, trail impacts, user conflicts and congestion can be reduced and eliminated on trails throughout the area, a win-win situation. While Coyote Canyon does not see high numbers if any non-motorized users, it will absolutely relieve congestion on those technical trails that do such as Moab Rim, Golden Spike, Poison Spider, etc.

Coyote Canyon represents legal and historic usage, dating back as far as 2000 by the BLM's own report, created legally when the areas was open to cross-country travel. Given the minimal impacts and fit within the land use plan for this area, I am hopeful the BLM will formally restore motorized access to Coyote Canyon.

Sincerely,

Kurt Williams
ExpeditionUtah