Coyote Canyon

neagtea

Supporting Member
I have Been Gone for a while. another Navy deployment down last one I think/Hope.

What is the story about getting a permit to run Coyote Canyon?

Thanks

Badbuggy

rock star
Call the Moab BLM field office and they will tell you exactly how to get a permit, etc. You can do it over the phone for the most part.

Bart

It's not tough but the rules are ridiculous. We had to be on the trail by 9:00 a.m. last Friday morning, and we were driving from Highland and Orem, which made for an early morning. We had to be off by 5:00 but that wasn't a problem. It only took us an hour or so and we played hard. The trail is definitely worth the effort, but the rules are dumb.

Bart

Good to know for next time. I guess the guy that got our permit read it wrong. We could have slept longer. Oh well, we got to play all day in BFE after.

EB101

I've been on it twice this year and it's worth any trouble! Thanks again DrtSqrl and Moab Freinds-for-wheelin for all your hard work.

-Steve

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
I've been on it twice this year and it's worth any trouble! Thanks again DrtSqrl and Moab Freinds-for-wheelin for all your hard work.

-Steve

Glad you enjoyed it! I ran it again acouple weeks ago, did it backwards just for fun. I'm hopefull that we can get some of the restrictions/regulations eased in the future.

muleskinner

I have Been Gone for a while. another Navy deployment down last one I think/Hope.

What is the story about getting a permit to run Coyote Canyon?

Thanks

You better hurry!

Limitations

1. Motorized use of Coyote Canyon will be on Fridays and Saturdays with only one registered group per day with a maximum of 7 vehicles per group.

2. Only the route shown on the designated route map of Coyote Canyon may be used. There will be no travel in Kane Creek Wash outside the designated route.

3. All motorized use of Coyote Canyon will be between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
All vehicles must be off the route by 5 p.m.

4. All vehicles in the registered group must have mufflers.

5. Only full sized, “rock crawling” vehicles will be allowed to use Coyote Canyon;
no motorcycles, ATVs or UTVs.

6. There will be no winching from trees. All groups are required to carry and utilize spill kits to contain fluid leaks.

7. There will be no use of Coyote Canyon from December 1 through February 15 to protect deer winter range and to limit use during the muddy season.

8. Organized groups and/or commercial permittees may utilize Coyote Canyon, and are required to use the registration system. There will be no competitive use of Coyote Canyon.

9. Trailer parking is available at the junction of Highway 191 and the Black Ridge Road.

No trailer parking is available at the trail head.