Coyotes...

muleskinner

So went out again and here is what the end of a more normal day looks like.

IMG_5684%20W.JPG

- DAA

Normal for you..

Most of us are happy to get one or two:D I shot another one near the road last week. The old Winchester model 94 (pre 64) 30/30 still manages to kill a dog or two.

DAA

Sweet Dave looks like the 20-250 is putting the smack down on them.

Dang good eye on the rifle! No way you could possibly know it, but that barrel ain't the Big Twenty though :D. Just for grins, I screwed a 6/284 tube on it last month to campaign on the coyotes when I'm not after fur. It's identical from the outside though, same Lilja #4, same length etc. Had it chambed at the same time as the .20-250, only just now getting around to playing with it much. Launching 55 BT's at close to 4300 fps, it is extremely flat shooting. Stacks 'em nicely too, 3 shot groups averaging just over a quarter inch. Really scrambles a coyotes whole basket of eggs though. Definitely not fur friendly...

The old Winchester model 94 (pre 64) 30/30 still manages to kill a dog or two.

Very nice :cool:. I had one of those, gave it to my Nephew. Still have a 1915 vintage '94 in .38-55 though. Haven't used it in a long time, but used to bust a few coyotes with it too. It was kind of like my version of a shotgun for close in fast action work in the brush. Anymore though, I just don't bother calling in the thick stuff. I like to have some shooting lanes :D.

- DAA

DAA

Pete, that's a Shaggy from Jerry at Rancho Safari. Very lightweight and breathable. No fibers everywhere and won't burst into flames if I drop my cigar in it like my home made jute one :D.

- DAA