cracked timing cover

BronkoRob

well i did something stupid. it was late one night..things werent going all that well that day and i got a little to happy with the mallet before making sure ALL the bolts were out! than CRACK! i put a 3-4 inch crack in my timing cover. its for a ford 302 so its aluminum. does anyone around here have a tig welder and want a little side project? does anyone know any good welding shops that would take this on for under a fortune? or even better anyone have another one that they are willing to part with. i can make it to the junkyard til next weekend and with the motor apart i cant do anything else to the truck other than let it take up space. thanks

mswasey

Bronco Molester
I have some of the parts from my 289 still, I think I still have the timing chain cover as well as some chrome Motorsport valve covers, K&N filter, etc. I'll have a look, give me a call.

BronkoRob said:
well i did something stupid. it was late one night..things werent going all that well that day and i got a little to happy with the mallet before making sure ALL the bolts were out! than CRACK! i put a 3-4 inch crack in my timing cover. its for a ford 302 so its aluminum. does anyone around here have a tig welder and want a little side project? does anyone know any good welding shops that would take this on for under a fortune? or even better anyone have another one that they are willing to part with. i can make it to the junkyard til next weekend and with the motor apart i cant do anything else to the truck other than let it take up space. thanks