Crappy strap type Yokes on my D44

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
Is there a way that I can grind the back of the yoke down and drill out the holes on the Yoke where the crappy little bolts screw in and change them out for the stronger U bolt type straps? I got one yoke like that with my SYE kit and I have never lost a Ujoint or a strap on it. Has anyone attempted doing this? I tore another strap today after some MILD backhills driving and I am tired of it!! :mad:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Six States has all the parts, it's as easy as you said. They make them for that very reason. I had the same thing happen in Moab, it was a mother to fix down there. The u-bolt kit is the only way to go.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Teraflex Plus should have all the parts if you want to swap the yoke and seal. Easy enough and I think that the kit was something like 40 bucks, with yoke, seal, new nut and U bolts.

Ninja Edit: I'll be doing this to my 30 and 44 as well, just to be cool :cool:

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I am sure I could afford the ubolt straps and I need some seals... but I am sure that is all I can do at this point in time :).

and it will be cool.... all the cool people do it! :D

Caleb

just be careful when drilling it out. I bought an axle a few years ago (D44 infact) that had been drilled out and it made it pretty thin in those areas. $40 is pretty cheap to not have to hack it together.

Also, you can still buy all the parts you need at six states and if Tera Flex Plus is sellign it for $40 for the eniter kit, then most likely you can get it for cheaper if you buy the parts individually. Talk to six states, they'll know exactly what you need to do it.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Yukon sells a trail repair kit for $43. It includes yoke and u bolts, pinion nut, pinion seal, Spicer joint, etc. Let me know if you want one, and I'll get it coming...

...Or three... :D