Crawler for Toyota automatics

flight

I dont know if anyone else has seen this yet, but Skyway Transmissions has made an adapter called the gear slug that makes it so you can put dual 4cyl. tcases behind a 84-95 automatic trans. I havent found a price yet. Im waiting for the guy to call me back with one.

Attachments

• tran3_with_car.jpg
    tran3_with_car.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 27

flight

according to skyway, the inch worm one has a tendency to take fluid from the trans during vertical inclines. The gear slugs internal tunnel is smaller and only holds a minimal amount of fluid so it wont rob fluid from the trans.

O'neal

?????????
flight said:
according to skyway, the inch worm one has a tendency to take fluid from the trans during vertical inclines. The gear slugs internal tunnel is smaller and only holds a minimal amount of fluid so it wont rob fluid from the trans.
Interesting....I didn't know that. :)

flight

Just got a price, $950. Comes with the adapter, 23 spline input gear all mounting hardware and instructions. Its about $200 more than inchworms. If anyone else has heard of any pros or cons of either one of these let me know. My roommate has a 94 runner that he really wants to put a crawler in. So any advise would be greatly appreciated.

ZUK

I've had the honor of wheelin with Jim and his wife(Inchworm).....great people....came all the way down to Phoenix to check out a non-issue an associate had with a dual transfer case. Go with Jimbo! ;) I'm thinking about getting one for my 87 auto/22RE/571 gears Runner. It is possible to gear an auto too low....that's why the basic duals is just right.2.28x2.28

O'neal

?????????
ZUK said:
I've had the honor of wheelin with Jim and his wife(Inchworm).....great people....came all the way down to Phoenix to check out a non-issue an associate had with a dual transfer case. Go with Jimbo! ;) I'm thinking about getting one for my 87 auto/22RE/571 gears Runner. It is possible to gear an auto too low....that's why the basic duals is just right.2.28x2.28

That's customer service right there!I've never heard anything bad about the inchworm dual's,either way an auto dualed up would be sweet.

d-krawler

D.G.A.F KRAWL
ya i'm buying the inchworm one i n about a month and i called and talked to them for about an hour and they really seem like they have there stuff together. also if anybody has any topshift t-cases there looking to sell let me know i'm building the dual case part right know. (for christmas)

Last edited:

flight

That Kind Of Customer Service Is Definatley A Plus. And There Less Expensive Too. Thanks For The Input. And If Anyone Has Anymore Experience Please Let Me Know.