Crawlfest for me....

Crinco

Was GREAT, Thanks to Steve and everyone else who put in long hours and made it lots of fun.

I was lucky enough to make it home before being unlucky enough to figure out I wasn't so lucky :)

A little driveway carnage, still made it into the garage under its own power!

Attachments

• picture 1 (Medium).jpg
    picture 1 (Medium).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 50
  • picture 2 (Medium).jpg
    picture 2 (Medium).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Crinco

Could you maybe tilt the video a little so it looks a little steeper? That was one heck of a climb! :D

I pulled off my trailer and gas'ed it towards the driveway (in 4 wheel drive) and got a bang. I don't really think there was any way I could have put enough power to it to sheer off 4 teeth, when I hammered that wall and didn't do any damage. I will know a little more when I get the wheels up and spin the ring gear around and see if there is more cracks on the other "teeth". I have been expecting this since the day I put that axle under the buggy, running a high pinion in the rear, I KNEW the day would come that i would have to replace the gears. The rear axle is weaker than the front (turns backwards to move forward) so it was just a matter of time :( Oh, and no run on Saturday, came home for work Sat. night.
I kinda hoped the U-Joint would go before the Ring and Pinion, go figure. So much for a weak link....

Thanks for the video Shawn, it was good to finally meet you! I think you climbed everything you pointed your rig at didn't you? It was a great day to play in the rocks!

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
Sick climb for sure....what trail?? And If it makes you feel better I broke my rear driveline on the waterfall on the west rim trail. I have video as well that I can post later....stupid driving on my part, but at the same time I don't think it should have broke. It was the flange, and ujoint t-case side. The actual CV part. Grrrr..... Was able to make it out the whole way in front wheel though :)

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
I watched a couple of locals hitting that late day Friday. 4 seater yota buggy and an exo'd yota. They were giving it hell! Just missed catching above the hole up there. So I figured my rockwells and 135" wb would give me a huge advantage on this particular obstacle... I got on it tried it 3 times maybe (gingerly), having a little trouble with the transmission, and thought to myself: "you know, you've got another full day of wheeling if you don't break or roll here". :ugh: There seems to be a whole lot of VERY cool obstacles within a quarter mile of that spot.

Again with the obvious: the video just doesn't do it justice. Very nice Shawn! You da man.

zachvu

Sick climb for sure....what trail?? And If it makes you feel better I broke my rear driveline on the waterfall on the west rim trail. I have video as well that I can post later....stupid driving on my part, but at the same time I don't think it should have broke. It was the flange, and ujoint t-case side. The actual CV part. Grrrr..... Was able to make it out the whole way in front wheel though :)

I was thinking...hey, my buddy did this same thing?! Then I realized it was you when I saw your pic and read the rest of it haha...Hi Levv!!