Creepy Crawlers, Krawlers or SSR's?

scramble this

Umm.. Where am I?
Here's the deal, I am going to be buying tires soon for the new project TJ. I currently have SSR"s on my scrambler and love them so they are a heavy consideration for the TJ. I have read lots about the Creepy Crawlers and BFG Krawlers and both sound and seem to perform well. So let the opinions roll and let me know what ya'll think. I am using it for a DD but it only goes 3 miles to work and back and drives to all trails, so wear is a issue but a smaller one.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm partial to Super Swampers (I run SX's...) but I'm keeping my eye on a set of the Maxxis tires or I may stick with S.S. and go with the IROCs after seeing them perform as well.

I too am partial to Interco's and also run the SX's, but for a daily driver the Krawler has better road manners than that of the bias. The Krawlers do very well on the rocks as well, I would lean towards the Krawlers and you won't be disappointed on or off the road. ;)

Bart

As great as Swampers were, there are other tires out there that have better traction and better road manners. Get the Maxxis tire.

Caleb

the only "good" deal on Maxxis tires you'll find will be a used set from a competitor. Thats my only beef with the maxxis tires is the cost...otherwise they would for sure find their way on my future vehicles...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Supergper said:
the only "good" deal on Maxxis tires you'll find will be a used set from a competitor. Thats my only beef with the maxxis tires is the cost...otherwise they would for sure find their way on my future vehicles...
I happen to have two sets available... :greg:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
scramble this said:
how much and what sizes? looking for 37's
I have two sets of 37x12.50x16s. One set brand new never been mounted. The other set has few trips on them. At least 90% tread. Both are Creepy Crawlers. $850 for the new set, $750 for the used. A set = 4 tires.

scramble this

Umm.. Where am I?
how are the road manners of the maxxis tires? Remember I am using for a DD. If they are pretty good, there is about a 99.9% chance ill take a set, probably the used given good conditon

Last edited:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
scramble this said:
how are the road manners of the maxxis tires? If they are pretty good, there is about a 99.9% chance ill take a set, probably the used given good conditon
Can't help you there. I've never had them on the road... Is it your daily driver? Or is it used for trail and occasional road driving?

scramble this

Umm.. Where am I?
It is my daily driver, back and forth to work which is only about 3 miles, and it also drives to all trails including moab and little moab, so i need a tire that is at least decent on the road