Cross Country Vehicle Transport

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
So It looks like I have a friend of a friend who wants my little scrambler but I have no desire to deliver it to the mid west.

Lets talk about what I should know for costs, insurance, the transaction itself, (how do I get the money and he gets the rig/title with limited liability)

Thanks in advance,
Nic

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
So It looks like I have a friend of a friend who wants my little scrambler but I have no desire to deliver it to the mid west.

Lets talk about what I should know for costs, insurance, the transaction itself, (how do I get the money and he gets the rig/title with limited liability)

Thanks in advance,
Nic

I sold my JK to a guy in kentucky, His bank wired my bank the money and I towed the Jeep out there about 15 minutes after I finished my last course at OSRC :D with the title in hand. It really was quite pain free.

I had the title in hand and he was paying cash so we didnt have to worry about loan documents or anything and that really simplified the process.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I wish it was a face to face transaction. I am hoping to put it on truck and ship it...

I do like the idea of a bank wire transfer... :D

gahi

figure about $1 per mile. I have a guy I've used who is all over the country regularly. He hauls a two car enclosed. This is ideal for no transferring of the car, and having it sit around in yards, waiting for the next truck.

My rule is the car doesnt leave until I'm paid in full.

Bart

I think I used Reliable when I sent the Ranger buggy to Nebraska. I had him do a wire transfer to my bank and the truck showed up a couple of days later. Pretty easy. BTW, let the buyer arrange for transport so its out of your hands and his liability.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I think I used Reliable when I sent the Ranger buggy to Nebraska. I had him do a wire transfer to my bank and the truck showed up a couple of days later. Pretty easy. BTW, let the buyer arrange for transport so its out of your hands and his liability.

Great Advice!

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
figure about $1 per mile. I have a guy I've used who is all over the country regularly. He hauls a two car enclosed. This is ideal for no transferring of the car, and having it sit around in yards, waiting for the next truck.

My rule is the car doesnt leave until I'm paid in full.

please pm who you recommend, :)

I want to make this easy for him.