cross over high steer

toy73scout

A free scout I'll take it
this week end I'm picking up a 14 bolt rear and a 10 bolt front with 8 lug patern out of a burben. to put under one of my scouts. what I need to know is what kunckle I'm going to need to do cross over and high steer on the 10 bolt. and can I use all the outer parts from the 10 bolt on the new kunckle

harkinoff

something to do...
one of these, pre 76 3/4 ton chev pickup, yes the 10 bolt and 44 knuckles interchange

Last edited:

toy73scout

A free scout I'll take it
cool cool cant wate goting to tube one of my scouts and put the burben axles under it. and I think I'm going to keep the 4" springs with the soa then do a buggy spring in the rear. thanks for the help

Last edited:

harkinoff

something to do...
Originally posted by bobdog
Also Im not sure but I am pretty sure you can use 1/2 ton units also.

never seen or heard of a flat top knuckle on a 1/2 ton 44? yes the parts interchange :D tie rods do differ though on some models

Last edited:

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I've got a set in my garage(off of a 75 blazer front end) and the yard I picked the front end up at had another 1/2 ton axle with flat tops sitting next to it.

harkinoff

something to do...
I've got a set in my garage(off of a 75 blazer front end) and the yard I picked the front end up at had another 1/2 ton axle with flat tops sitting next to it.

right on, I wasn't aware of them being on 1/2 axles, thanks for the info:D

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Is there a difference between a 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton knuckle? I know that you can swap the stuff outside of them to change lug patterns, but are the ball joints and the C the same?

harkinoff

something to do...
Is there a difference between a 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton knuckle? I know that you can swap the stuff outside of them to change lug patterns, but are the ball joints and the C the same?

couldn't tell ya, I've only delt with the 3/4 44's