Crossing over..

Andy

aka. Hollywood
I know I'm not the only one that has lost some interest in 4wheeling. It's not that I don't like doing it anymore it just seems to do anything fun you have to drive a ways. It's also funny that we are in a desert and it's faster and easier to get to a lake/res.?? Who else is selling or has sold their wheeler for something else?

Andy

aka. Hollywood
James K said:
selling it is always in the back of my mind, not sure why I keep it.

I was there for a long time, yours still has 4 seats right? I only have 2, and I have 3 kids that are old enough to want to go now. I have a Bronco in the garage that I have been collecting parts for that I want to put together. I just want a trail rig that I can drive on the street. But I do have a new love, I bought a boat this fall. My kids love it, I can't wait to get back out on the water. It's also the first toy for me with a big block :D.

sibeta

Yeah i have toyed with the idea of selling my many times. But yeah i just decided to park my rig instead, i havent wheeled it in months, havent done a thing with it. I bought another kayak instead of investing it in the rig. Needed a break from wheeling as well.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Andy said:
I was there for a long time, yours still has 4 seats right? I only have 2, and I have 3 kids that are old enough to want to go now. I have a Bronco in the garage that I have been collecting parts for that I want to put together. I just want a trail rig that I can drive on the street. But I do have a new love, I bought a boat this fall. My kids love it, I can't wait to get back out on the water. It's also the first toy for me with a big block :D.
yeah, it still has 4 seats.

The whole family hasn't been in it all at once in over a year, hell maybe almost 2.

I did the boat thing when I was a kid jet boats and sailboats, they just don't do it for me.

I would rather go camping and ride the atv's and even take the kids shooting then take the jeep out, I am just stuck in a 4wheeling rut I guess. And your right stuff that is fun to the level your or my rig has been built is quite the road trip to get to.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Andy said:
I picked up an F100 2wd short bed and put 20's on it, it's been alot of fun everybody loves that truck.
I have been leaning toward this as well. I used to have a blast driving my lowered truck around and going to shows in the summer to see all the other vehicles.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I will never sell mine. My days of four wheeling have slowed doan a great deal . Just like James, the fam and I have a better time ridding the ATV's and camping rather than 4 wheeling.

However, I love to fab!!!!! I just can not get enough of it. I work on my cruiser more than I wheel it. That is why I keep it.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
James K said:
I have been leaning toward this as well. I used to have a blast driving my lowered truck around and going to shows in the summer to see all the other vehicles.

The thing I hate(d) about car shows was the polishing and sitting. A poker run or something was fun. Basicly doing anything with your vehicle rather than having someone point out every flaw possible.

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Shawn said:
I will never sell mine. My days of four wheeling have slowed doan a great deal . Just like James, the fam and I have a better time ridding the ATV's and camping rather than 4 wheeling.

However, I love to fab!!!!! I just can not get enough of it. I work on my cruiser more than I wheel it. That is why I keep it.

I think I love the build up more as well. It's nice to have the little truck to do some different stuff to as well, I have an AOD for it and half the stuff to link up the rear end. I have always wanted to build a vehicle for the street and a truck is an easy platform to start with. I was just too into it for so long, and when you work on it all day every day it gets old. I still love the rush from doing something crazy, and the foot shaking on the brake pedal. I just want something I can take my kids out in. This what it must feel like becoming more mature/older, I will have to find a way to change that! :D

James K

NO, I'm always like this
mbryson said:
The thing I hate(d) about car shows was the polishing and sitting. A poker run or something was fun. Basicly doing anything with your vehicle rather than having someone point out every flaw possible.
yeah, but there are flaws in anything, especially if you put it out there for people to pick a part.

I just think it is possibly time to go back to street car stuff.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
i have only been involved in this sport for about 6 years maybe less. i have no plans to take it beyond recreation vehicle. if i never do another modification i think i will be just fine with that, it is paid for and i dont need it for transportation. if i only get to go out once or twice a year thats fine, it will always be there to go out in.

i hope i never feel the way you guys feel about making the "crossover". some day i would like to build something low and fast but i am fairly young and have a long life ahead of me, i hope that i will be able to do both without loosing interest in one or the other.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I feel the same way with my Oldsmobile ('71 Cutlass "S" '442'). I have it torn down to the frame but I enjoy wheeling so much that I haven't found the time to work on it. I'd rather work on the Jeep. I am starting to feel like I should do something to it so I will hopefully get the frame powdercoated and get new suspension.

Just don't have time... or the interest much anymore but I cannot see selling it...

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
PierCed_3 said:
I feel the same way with my Oldsmobile ('71 Cutlass "S" '442'). I have it torn down to the frame but I enjoy wheeling so much that I haven't found the time to work on it. I'd rather work on the Jeep. I am starting to feel like I should do something to it so I will hopefully get the frame powdercoated and get new suspension.

Just don't have time... or the interest much anymore but I cannot see selling it...

Sweet ride :D I'd assume you've got a 455 in that barge? (it's not quite as kewl as a GS, but damn close :D)

JoeT

That's why I have my Corrado. I love my Jeep (well sometimes) but I really like having a fast VW. Even though there are days when I feel like selling both and buying something new and lower maintenance. Sometimes a man needs to love 2 kinds of cars.:eek:

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I still enjoy going wheeling, but I don't go nearly as much as I used to. Pretty much a couple Moab trips each year and a handful of day trips.

I bought a bike (cruiser) last year, and attended a bunch of rallies and rides. It was nice to just do something completely different from my other activities. I've also enjoyed carrying over the fabrication end of rockcrawling to customizing my bike. We also go to the dunes on occasion, but I always did that even before building my 'Yota.

O'neal

?????????
My only serious wheeling is down in moab and that's only once a year,I'd go more but cant really afford it.The other time's are in the winter,I love to wheel in the snow,very little in the summer,since the family and I are out camping,fishing and exploring in which we alway's pile in the taco and beside's it's kinda boring out by yourself and yes I have gotten into a few predicament's:rolleyes:
I've thought about selling my runner and putting the money into my taco,mild lift,tire's and some body armor which would be fine for what I do....But I alway's say to myself,nobody will buy this pile....the runner's pay'd for,fun to drive and give's me somthing to tinker with,so I'll just keep it...:D

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I just sold mine but not cause i've lost interest. I just need to grow up and put myself into a better position financially so I can afford all of my hobbies. I plan on building a buggy that is a little more durable for what I want to do with it, and I would like to have another street legal rig that I can take out camping--I think a tacoma or something that has been modified a little to do some pre-running but still retains 4wd would be ideal.....hopefully by this time next year I'll have another rig I can trash.

Cody

BOB-CAT

THE PUNISHER
My neighbor asked me why I do this?
I have or have had Boats, Bikes Race Cars etc. all are only fun for a short time.
I told him this is the only 4 season toys I have, and it tests some of the skills I have.
The key in my mind is keep it registered if you can so you can drive it in a emergence and not so pretty that it hides in your garage. :D