Crossing the Congo in a TLC

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Spent most of the day yesterday reading the report, it's simply amazing. I was blown away with the mindset of doing something like that without lockers and a winch, since the money saved meant they'd be able to spend more time on the trip.

Kind of odd, considering how many of us feel like we need to have a completely built rig (RTT, winch, on-board fridge, lockers, etc, etc, etc) before venturing out on a 'big' trip, usually no more than 50 or so miles away from 'civilization'.

Thanks for posting it here Coreshot, for those that haven't read it... set aside the time to take it in. It's a great report from an amazing place.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
So, I spent quite a bit of time throughout the day reading that trip report....seriously amazing! Ridiculously crazy from my point of view too--but incredibly interesting to read. :cool:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Started reading it earlier, I'm going to have to read the rest later.

Seems like A LOT of headache from that trip could have been avoided with the addition of even just 1 locker. Other than that, I can't say anything about the rest of the experience! Holy crap!

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
That was a great read.. Honestly the best part is in the wrap up!.. ya a locker would have saved some headaches but that is one serious adventure :)

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I'm now wanting to hear the remainder of his wrap-up, discussing what they did (and obviously didn't do) for vehicle prep.

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
There is some on the suspension, roof rack, snorkle, tires, tent choice but honestly they didn't do much to that thing at all. Its under the car/equipment :)

jdub

Scrambler
An overland expedition that was much like a "off-road trip" got me exited. That rig was hammered through the whole thing. Used it for everything, a very valuable tool in that remote of an area.

I'm staring at my gps wondering where I can go get lost this weekend.