Cruiserfest 2010

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Cruiserfest 2010.. You were either there, or you missed out.

I had a blast.. I came within about 40 seconds of beating Ellis on the timed rally course.. I gave it hell in my '74 FJ55, coming away with no breakage despite airing out the front end on the whoops and hammering down on the rocks. The FJ55 is true a iron pig. I hope someone posts photos of my run, or even better - some video!

My favorite cruiser in attendance was an HJ47 pickup.. Right-hand drive and diesel.. I wanted to marry it. Greg Miller voted for my pig for the "best in show" category for the Show and Shine portion of the event.. Saweet! Greg's newly imported Aussie FJ55 was incredible.. Maybe I'll polyg style with the HJ47 and the Aussie spec 55? Why stop there, I want them all. There were 4 pigs in attendance, one showing up just after the show and shine. Woulda been cool to get all 4 in a photo. I also loved the parade of Land Cruisers on the track in between some of the qualifying races...

Awesome event! I had the honor of helping with the event and seeing the hard work that went into making it happen.. Big thanks to the Miller family, Greg's love for Cruisers and FJ55's, John Williams, and Kurt Williams...

I've uploaded several photos directly off of my camera.. Enjoy!

DSC_3697.jpg

DSC_3703.jpg

DSC_3721.jpg

DSC_3709.jpg

DSC_3708.jpg

DSC_3800.jpg

DSC_3764.jpg

DSC_3767.jpg

DSC_3811.jpg

DSC_3812.jpg

DSC_3814.jpg

DSC_3821.jpg

Last edited:

hedonist

Supporting Member
AWESOME!!! GREAT REPORT AND GREAT PICS! Thanks to EVERYONE who made this happen it was a lot of fun:D Good to see ya'll out there
(anyone have a clutch?:rofl:)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I really, REALLY wanted to make this... ended up working when I was supposed to be off. :-\ Thanks for the pics, they're giving me the motivation to make sure I don't miss next years event.

Looking forward to the official article Jason!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Not at all.. I took 340 pics of the event, so there may be more! It pains me to have to leave out the really good shots, and trust me there's a ton, but it has to be done in order for any major magazine.

Lka1988

poor college student
I hope you got more of my 80! I did win 2nd place... :D

Which truck won 1st?

My faves (besides my own)- The white/rust SOA 60, turbo HZJ70, and the prerunner Toyota pickup.

Last edited: