Northern Utah CruiserFest 2014 - Sept 5-7, 2014 - Don't miss it!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Registration is open for CruiserFest 2014. Don't miss out on the opportunity to be part of this amazing event, now in it's 6th year.

What is CruiserFest? Cruiserfest is a gathering of Land Cruiser aficionados at Miller Motorsports Park to celebrate all things Land Cruiser. Need I say more?

Activities include trail rides, camping, classes and seminars, tours of the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum (have you have seen a Toyota MegaCruiser in person ;)), art show, rock-crawling competition, awards, dinners and more!

Visit the CruiserFest website for more information and to register:

http://cruiserfest.com

CruiserfestPoster2014-665x1024.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Some folks have been asking about trail ride descriptions... here you go:

Moab to Tooele Trail Ride
Trail Leader: Kurt Williams

The Moab excursion will depart from the Moab area on the evening of Tuesday, September 2. Our first night camp will have us in the scenic and remote San Rafael Swell. We will spend Wednesday exploring the Swell and making our way up to the high elevations of Skyline Drive camping amongst the pines that evening. We'll drop into Utah's West Desert on Thursday, camping near Utah's famous Little Sahara sand dunes. Our group will rendezvous with the City of Rocks group along the historic Pony Express Trail on Friday and caravan to CruiserFest at the Miller Motorsports Park, arriving Friday afternoon.

Denver, CO to Tooele Trail Ride
Trail Leader: Dan Markofsky

The Denver excursion will depart from the Denver area on Monday, September 1. We will start out on highway 285 and follow over Red Cone or Webster Pass (12,096’). We’ll climb Radical Hill to connect to Georgia Pass and descend into the Breckenridge area.

From Breckenridge we will travel south on pavement to take Mosquito Pass (13,186’) into Leadville. Head out of Leadville to Hagerman Pass (11,925’) where we will make camp for the night.

Leaving Hagerman Pass, we’ll head into the Roaring Fork Valley (by Aspen). The tour will head to the historic quarry town of Marble and the most photographed site in the State – the “Crystal Mill” (Sheep Mountain Power House, and located on the Lost Horse Mill site). We’ll drive Schofield Pass past the infamous “Devil’s Punchbowl” and onto beautiful Crested Butte. (Alternate route: Pearl or Taylor passes to Crested Butte and Schofield Pass to Marble). From Crested Butte we’ll make some highway miles (or head up to the Grand Mesa) to camp at Rabbit Valley, marking our entry to the desert lands bordering Utah.

We’ll begin the next day exploring part of the Kokopelli trail and take a detour to see rock art near the ghost town of Sego, passing through Thompson Springs (the inspiration of the movie Cars). Once again hitting the highway for a while, we’ll rendezvous with the other trail ride groups for camp at Little Sahara sand dunes in Utah, which will be our jumping off point for the final push to CruiserFest.

Grand Junction, CO to Tooele Trail Ride

Trail Leader: Alan “Ace” Brown

The Grand Junction team will meet in Fruita, Colorado (Exit 19 off the I-70) Tuesday, September 2 at 9:00 am. Waypoints include Dinosaur National Monument, Flaming Gorge NRA, and the High Uintas. Group will likely rendezvous in the Little Sahara

Prescott, AZ to Tooele Trail Ride
Trail Leader: Scott Brady

Details coming

City of Rocks, ID to Tooele Trail Ride
Trail Leaders: Dave Connors and Ryan Davis

The City of Rocks group will meet up Wednesday, September 3 and spend the night at City of Rocks National Reserve.

We’ll break camp and hit the trail by 9:30 am Thursday morning. The route to CruiserFest will start out east toward the hamlet of Naf. After a quick stop at the tiny market for a last chance at supplies and maybe some ice cream the group will turn south around the Raft River Mountains and head for the remnants of the historic Kelton Cemetery. From there we’ll head along the original Transcontinental Railroad grade to the town of Lucin. After hopping over the tracks we’ll make a quick stop at the Lucin Sun Tunnels. The Sun Tunnels are one of the three pieces of Earth Art in the Great Salt Lake Desert and the site of Solstice based pilgrimages for many. We will continue south toward the Bonneville Salt Flats and the Silver Island Range to have lunch and take a group photo on the shimmering reflection of the world famous home of “land speed records.”

After a quick stop in Wendover to top off fuel tanks and a chance to wash the salt off the Cruisers the route will continue south through the eastern fringes of the Great Basin Desert. A quick stop at Blue Lake, a true desert anomaly, will be our last stop before heading into the Deep Creek Mountains to set up camp.

Following breakfast Friday morning, we’ll break camp and hit the trail by 10:00 am. The route will head through Callao, south down to the Weiss Highway, and then east through the Confusion Range. We will head to Simpson Springs where we will meet up with the other trail groups and caravan into CruiserFest together.

Register for trail rides and more @ www.CruiserFest.com

Boober

Stock lines? I have a street legal cherokee I would bring to the rock crawl if its do able lines. What are the rules?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Stock lines? I have a street legal cherokee I would bring to the rock crawl if its do able lines. What are the rules?

I'm not super savvy on the planned rock-crawl specifics. You could hit up the CruiserFest email and ask for specifics. Keep in mind this is a Land Cruiser event, they might come up with different rules for your Cherokee :D

MicahMan

This is going to be a great event. The rock crawl will have two events and three prizes. We hadn't even discussed what would happen if a jeep was included in it!
These are the event awards:
Unlimited champion 33 inch + harder course
Stock hero 33 inch tires and smaller shorter course timed lap.
Peoples choice from either class and doesn't even have to be successful. Just puts on a show!

Shoot me a PM and I'll figure out whats happening on the jeep stuff.

I am planning on doing the Moab trail ride. If I can get to a computer that will allow me to view the site fully and register in time! Just a quick question though. Is there a way you can communicate with the other trail leaders to log the trails they take? I think it could be pretty cool to have them added to the site. Could be great for those of us who love doing multi day trips.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I am planning on doing the Moab trail ride. If I can get to a computer that will allow me to view the site fully and register in time! Just a quick question though. Is there a way you can communicate with the other trail leaders to log the trails they take? I think it could be pretty cool to have them added to the site. Could be great for those of us who love doing multi day trips.

Right on, it will be great to have you along. I know there are just a couple of remaining spots so don't wait too long. I'll bring up the routes, they change each year so I'm not sure there is an easy medium to get them on the site but I know it has been discussed.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Moab and City of Rocks are both officially full, Denver, Grand Junction and Prescott still have room. You can get on a waiting list for City or Rocks & Moab

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Whew!!! I think I came in right under the wire on that one. Did my registration at 0925 today! Can't wait!

You must be Ian? You were literally the last spot. You should have received an email from me with details. Please take a look at it as well as the ExpUt page I linked above. Thanks!

That's me! Yeah I have been trying to get registered this last week. The computers I had at my disposal while on TDY were all crabby about the website cert error. Actually looking over the whole email now.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
A pair of gents from out of town are no longer to make it in time to join us for the Moab to CruiserFest portion so we have a couple of last minute openings. If any of you are up for an adventure, we would love to have you. Register @ CruiserFest.com! :cool:

I'm really not sure about it at this point. At least about being to the meet spot on time. FedEx has the ypipe package here in SLC but they won't let me go and just pick it up before the holiday. I am also getting varying info as to if they will even let me pick it up at all Tuesday. If they force a delivery then it would be at about 1400 Tuesday before I even get the package. Obviously not enough time to get the rest of the exhaust fabed up and to the Moab meet spot. Do you have the camp location for San Rafael picked? I went by the shop mentioned on the other forum and was asked to talk to one of the other guys tomorrow about doing it so crossing the fingers on that one.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'm really not sure about it at this point. At least about being to the meet spot on time. FedEx has the ypipe package here in SLC but they won't let me go and just pick it up before the holiday. I am also getting varying info as to if they will even let me pick it up at all Tuesday. If they force a delivery then it would be at about 1400 Tuesday before I even get the package. Obviously not enough time to get the rest of the exhaust fabed up and to the Moab meet spot. Do you have the camp location for San Rafael picked? I went by the shop mentioned on the other forum and was asked to talk to one of the other guys tomorrow about doing it so crossing the fingers on that one.

See Moab to CruiserFest info page for updated itinerary w/GPS coords.