Crunch time - Johnny G's K2

hilltj

MRJ said:

Thanks for the Jimmy Joint pics Mike! The guys at Mt. Logan are excited to get those in on Friday. The links are going to be down to you tomorrow... hope that's not too late?!

-Al

Vonski

nothing to see here...
MRJ said:

Those are good lookin' Mike! However, don't go and become too successful. The folks at Summit Racing will find out and sue you until you quit using "their" name. :eek:

Just ask the folks at Rocky Road Outfitters... ;)

hilltj

wort said:
i'd prefer to just hold on to the wheel...

Here's a pic of the first karnivore... it's pretty obvious that he likes the handle :)

200402%20107.jpg

MRJ

Just a user
2BIGTJ said:
I was talking to the guys at factory and they said thatthey designed these. Is this true? The Jimmy Joint that is

I'm currious to know who told you that.

They have bought and sold some of them, but they had nothing to do with the development of our product. It was completely conceived, designed, and prototyped at Summit Machine, Inc. We have been working on them since August of last year with the first test units up until the production ones you see here.

So far the guys at Rock Runner Racing, and Team Redbull will be running the larger ( 1-1/4" shank 3/4" bore ) joints and John and Nate got the very first production small joints shown here.

MRJ

Just a user
We are just trying to build a better product than what is available. Jim Vanwagoner has done the designing hence the Jimmy Joint namesake. We feel this is the best rod end available at this time period and are working on more unique and better parts at this time. You will get to see everthing at the Easter Jeep Safari at our booth. Now let get this back on topic.

2BIGTJ

RUKKASTIXX Motorsports
MRJ said:

They have bought and sold some of them, but they had nothing to do with the development of our product. It was completely conceived, designed, and prototyped at Summit Machine, Inc. We have been working on them since August of last year with the first test units up until the production ones you see here.

So far the guys at Rock Runner Racing, and Team Redbull will be running the larger ( 1-1/4" shank 3/4" bore ) joints and John and Nate got the very first production small joints shown here.

I was in there about 1 month ago looking at Kyles rig, Garret came out in the shop and I was aking him about rod ends. He took me ove rto one of the buggies they had in there. He then aked me if I was interested in in a new style joint. He showed me the joints that they had on the buggy and they were the large Jimmy Joint. He said that factory Tubular had been working with some machine shop and developed them. then I saw them on POR and on here. :rolleyes:

grinch

inner city redneck
MRJ said:

Well whoever developed them gets my hat off to em...
Im using the large 1 1/4 joint on my rear set up.... It only has one link at the frame side of the suspention and a track bar ( I couldnt tell you what kind of set up its called but Hicky said older chevey trucks used somthing similar).... I needed serious beef for this Joint sence its the only one and am happy with what I got.... Plus only 10 bucks to rebuild if I do end up blowing it out....
I say kick ass......

Caleb

2BIGTJ said:
I was talking to the guys at factory and they said thatthey designed these. Is this true? The Jimmy Joint that is

sounds like typical FTM fashion to me:rolleyes:

Thanks for clearing up the lies MRJ...

hilltj

MRJ said:
Hey Al, wheres Saturday's pics?

Missed Saturday... :-\

Stopped by a few minutes ago and it looks like it will be running tonight, then they have to pull everything off thats getting painted (valve covers too) and take it to the paint shop in the morning.

Tomorrow is brakelines and steering, hopefully be driving it by tomorrow night.

Tuesday the wheels, seat, and other misc finish-up stuff come in. Wednesday they will take off for UROC.

200402%20177.jpg

200402%20178.jpg

200402%20180.jpg