For Sale - Firm Price Cummins 4BT Diesel Engine w/extras!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Helping a friend sell his 4BT

Cummins 4BT for sale:

Good strong runner, plenty of power. Great conversion for your Jeep, Blazer, Bronco, FJ40 or your FJ55, FJ60, FJ62 or 80 Series LandCruiser wagons. Engine was originally pulled from a well serviced delivery truck and upgraded with all the best components. Standard 4BT diesel 4-cylinder inline engine, rotary fuel pump, serpentine belt drive, and aftermarket turbo setup. I spared no expense building this setup, I’m into it easily $8500.

New Parts:
New turbo assembly from Industrial Injection in SLC, perfectly functioning. (Paid over $950)
New cam-driven lifter pump for fuel.
New starter (12 volt).
New 150 Amp high-output internally regulated alternator (12 volt).
New power steering pump.
New head assembly from Cummins Intermountain in SLC (Paid over $1000)
Water Pump (new from Cummins Intermountain)

Upgrades:
Heavy duty motor mounts, easy to adapt for install in vehicle of your choice.
Intercooler and hoses to fit FJ40 Land Cruiser or early Jeep style setup, can easily be modified to fit other applications.
A/C pump/clutch installed with hose block assembly to help with making new lines if A/C is desirable.
Exhaust collector with flex joint, set up to run behind motor to the driver’s side, makes for easy adapting into your vehicle.
Fuel injectors serviced by Industrial Injection, low miles after install.
Bellhousing to fit NV4500 transmission plus mounting bracket to fit Toyota clutch slave. Low mile on clutch assembly with Dodge disc, throw-out bearing and clutch fork. (Transmission is not included).
Dodge NV4500 input shaft and collar included for use on GM NV4500’s if you don’t have a Dodge NV4500 available.
Includes Hydroboost Assembly, adapter included for Land Cruiser applications, easy to modify to other applications as needed.
*$4500 - SERIOUS OFFERS ONLY* CALL OR EMAIL, NO PM's PLEASE - 801-518-3937 (Kurt)

KSL Link:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=16438171&cat=593

Attachments

• 4BT_4SALE (1) (Medium).JPG
    4BT_4SALE (1) (Medium).JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 4BT_4SALE (2) (Medium).JPG
    4BT_4SALE (2) (Medium).JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 4BT_4SALE (4) (Medium).JPG
    4BT_4SALE (4) (Medium).JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Easy, it basically can be mated to anything that will mate to a SBC V8 using Advance Adapters or others components.

Does it come w/the GM adapter?? That's got the Dodge adapter on it... the GM one tilts the engine to the passenger side and bolts to the head in 2 places as well... and requires a different flywheel, starter, and bellhousing-- or flexplate if you go w/a GM auto.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Does it come w/the GM adapter?? That's got the Dodge adapter on it... the GM one tilts the engine to the passenger side and bolts to the head in 2 places as well... and requires a different flywheel, starter, and bellhousing-- or flexplate if you go w/a GM auto.

Does it say it comes with the GM adapter? No :p If you want to mount it to other transmissions you can "using Advance Adapters or others components". It does come with a Dodge NV4500 input shaft and input collar, so as noted if you currently have a GM NV4500 you can swap the input and collar and bolt it to this setup.

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
Think I read a articule teh other day where a guy dropped one into a chev 1500 2x4 and was getting something like 35 mpg. Trucking was the mag I think.

shrubeck

Mmm Commulicious
Think I read a articule teh other day where a guy dropped one into a chev 1500 2x4 and was getting something like 35 mpg. Trucking was the mag I think.

Wow that's really impressive considering a factory diesel pickup gets what, 17mpg? Someone needs to tell these engineers they're using the wrong engine...

Wow that's really impressive considering a factory diesel pickup gets what, 17mpg? Someone needs to tell these engineers they're using the wrong engine...

To be fair, this motor won't put out nearly the torque or hp of any one of the big 3 pickup diesels. It is cool, but I doubt there would be much market for a full size truck with a 4-cyl diesel.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.645878,-112.301239

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

More like 25 MPG from a 4BT... anyone that is claiming 35 MPG isn't driving in real world conditions, IMO. The Cummins 3.3l engine, which is a totally different animal, is capable of 35 MPG, but it doesn't have near the torque of the 4BT. It's more suited to mid-sized vehicles, but the 3.3 is pretty rare.

I could see high 20's in a 4BT 2WD truck with optional gearing & turning, but over 30 MPG is near impossible IMO.

To be fair, this motor won't put out nearly the torque or hp of any one of the big 3 pickup diesels. It is cool, but I doubt there would be much market for a full size truck with a 4-cyl diesel.

You might be surprised what a 4BT is capable of. Toss a bit of money into it and its capable of cranking out 500 ft/lbs while being reliable, more than enough power to push around a full size truck. It would still pull down 25 MPG, in the right vehicle.

Twin turbos are also possible, if you have pockets deep enough. I wouldn't hesitate to put a 4BT in a full size truck.

Sorry to gunk up your thread with reality Kurt... :greg: