Custom Front Upper Control Arms

CryogenicZJ

I used to drive a ZJ
does anyone have measurements, pictures, part numbers, basic recipe, whatever on making some custom front upper control arms and what bushings to use for my 93 ZJ Limited?? After installing my lift, the upper control arms have started to pop loudly. It's definately the control arm bushings........however, the dealership doesn't sell a bushing kit to replace them. They want me to buy new upper control arms......yeah, right!!! I know I can build some, I just need some direction and would like to build them without having to take the originals off first since this is my daily driver........PLEASE HELP!!!

CryogenicZJ

I used to drive a ZJ
I know everyone wants to help me out by getting me to buy some from them at their shops:D However, I don't have the money to buy some, and I would like the satisfaction of building my own!!! I'm not trying to take business away from anyone on a personal level. I just don't have any money.......AT ALL!!! I spent it all on the welder, the cutter, the hand tools, the grinder.....etc.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Hey, if all you need are bushings, check out the rubicon express site (www.rubiconexpress.com ... I think). They sell factory replacement rubber bushings. $10 for the small (upper), and $12 for the large (lower). Don't forget to add s&h.

I would go talk to the guys at RockLogic or SukaB about custom control arms.