Custom Housing

SRSCOUT

Outside the Box
I am in the process of a rebuild of my crawler. I was running a full width Dana 60 FF rear and a 44 front. In an attempt to keep it a little more drivable I have decided to narrow it somewhat to keep the boys in blue/Tan a little happier.
I narrowed a 3/4 ton 44 front for my winter project, but am now trying to decide what to do about the 60FF rear. I have a fairly well equipped shop and have access to machine tools (Lathe, Bridgeport Mill etc.). I have seen the "narrow it yourself at home " kits but have no real world exposure to them. I have also considered just having a professional shop narrow the housing and be done with it.
So what do you all think? Narrow it myself using the DIY kit, or have a pro shop do it, and if so who locally (Utah) is competent and does good work? Thanks in advance.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
If you did the front you should have no problem doing the rear. I have never actually narrowed a FF axle, but I did replace a spindle one time. The wrong spindle was sent to me, so in an effort to save time, a sleeve was made that the spindle pressed into then that whole assemble was a very tight slip fit into the axle tube. Welded it up and done. Wasn't a bad job and would have been even easier had I had the right parts to begin with.

Trate D

Mitch @ unlimited fabrication could do it. Also I believe that agility customs could help you out too.