Dodge Custom sway bar disconnects for Dodge Trucks

Are there any Dodge guys out there? I am going to attempt to convert some JK sway bar disconects to my gen 2 dodge,
I will let you Dodge guys know if it works, the only worry is, I will need to drill the bottom eye on the Dana 44 axle housing out to a straight 1/2" hole.
It is a tapperd hole from the factory, this cannot be fixed if it doesn't work.

** some other info for you Dodge guys, I found out that installing a True Trac locker in a vacume dodge style axle is not suggested. I learned from a Dana Spicer tech, that the True Trac lockers allow the inner axle (passenger side) to walk into the carrier, far enough that when trying to engage the front axle the collar doesn't engage the splines enoght, and it tears up the gear and won't engage. My 2000 ram 1500 only had 28,000 miles when I installed the True Trac diffs, at first it worked great, as my inner axle seal weakened it allowed the axle to move into the True trac too far, and tore up the collar. ****** the fix to this is to buy the solid axle kit, and take out the right side 2 axle shaft factory vacume set up, I did this and it works great. I would reccoment though, that if you install the true trac lockers, and you get the solid axle kit, get the upgraded stronger splined set up, I think it is 35 splines or 36. The Dana 44 with the long axle is weak, with the standard spline, I have yet to break mine. It is the stock spline *** Have a very Merry Christmas. *** any one needing assistance let me know. ***

Tonkaman

I’m not smart enough to figure that stuff out, so I bought the Powerwagon instead 😝

Make sure to document the process and share 👍

boogie_4wheel

I read about the Jeep disconnects being modified to fit the Dodges. There was a forum talking the should/could fit the 8lug. I've been tempted to order a set for mine, but it is rare that I'm offroad, and even more rare that I'd need the front to move that much.

I did disconnect mine once though. I was impressed with the amount of flex on the front axle.