Cylinder Head Problems

I took off my cylinder head off my 4runner after losing compression in the #2 cylinder. After I got it off I noticed the seat was messed up on #2. So I took it to a machine shop to have it looked at, and in addition to the problems in the #2 cyl, they found a crack in the #1 cylinder as well! They suggested that I buy a new head and quoted me $398. Does anyone have any idea where would be a good place to find a head? Unfortunately I can't afford any of the high performance (DOA, LC eng) type stuff.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but I have a Carbed head that was in good, running shape before I pulled it off.

It has about 160k on it though......

LMK!

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
nothing against greg, but get a machine shop to check the head BEFORE you buy it. I went through three heads from varios sources before I went DOA. All the heads had cracks. I couldn't even see then with the naked eye. but they were there. BE VARY AWARE of the carbon. in this instance you get what you pay for.

Thanks Greg and Skye...

I'm having this struggle.. To buy something used for cheap and slap it on, or buy something new. DOA looks a little steep for me (talked to Tim today, he said $975..), or I was looking at Blaze Speed Shop has one listed for $500, and engnbldr.com is about $450...

What to do, what to do.. :rolleyes:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
If you want to take my Head to a Machine Shop and have it checked, have at it. If it's good, it's yours for $40. If it's bad, you're not obligated to pay for it.

It was running perfect for me when I pulled it......

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I'd have to mic the valves but I am fairly sure that I have a 22r floating too. same price but greg is first. As far as DOA. I went through it, MAN YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. the end