D 300 question

Geepfreak

I'm here.
Just got done(I thought) with getting the Cj7 ready for the trail, as I went for a test run around the block, I thought the detriot seized up, thats what it felt like in the rear. Popped the diff cover, it was fine. made sure all fluids were up, went out about again, same thing, messing around with everything I found that when I put the t-case in 4hi, it does not do it(feels like the case is binding). Did not do this before the soa,twin stick, double cardan shaft. any ideas as to what is happening?

Thanks for any info.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
who built the twin stick?

sounds like you have the front and rear axles in different gears or may not be engaging into gear completely. check you shifters to make suer they don't need to be adjusted so you have the right throw on them. also make sure the shifters to hit anythingie; tub, trans or?

but I could be wrong.

Geepfreak

I'm here.
dana 300

at first I thought it was dragging, that why i first thought rear axle. but now driving slowly, it really hard to explain what it feels like. The twin stick is Currie, have torn it down twice, just too make sure I had it in the right locale, shifts fine. No other work on the t-case other than replacing fluid. Guess it might be time to (gawd forbid) take it to the shop.

troutbum

cubi-kill
Geepfreak said:
at first I thought it was dragging, that why i first thought rear axle. but now driving slowly, it really hard to explain what it feels like.

did you take out the interlock pills when you reassembled? Sounds like you have H and L engaged. It can be a pain to shift so unlock the hubs and make sure both axles are in L