D35

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Fat Tony said:
Is the super 35 kit with the yukon shafts and detroite a good investment?

IMO, nope. It's throwing good money at a bad axle.

That said, there are people running it who love it. It's definitely going to make your axle much stronger--but in the end it's still a D35.

Bud

'98 ZJ
I never broke a Yukon stock replacement (chromoly) shafts in my YJ running 35's and limited slip, however, I think you should put the money towards a D-44. If this is all you can afford for now, or a while, then maybe go ahead. But you won't have spares that fit anymore if your switching to 30 spline shafts for the Detroit Kit.

Last edited:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I Lean said:
IMO, nope. It's throwing good money at a bad axle.
X2!

On a side note, I'm placing a Yukon order here in a few days and if you slap this on with it, it's yours for $780 out the door (tax included).

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Even if you beef up the shafts and get a detroit, you still have to worry about thin, weak tubes, weak ring/pinion, and brakes that aren't up to 32"+ tires. Even though Wayne may give you a smoking deal, that $780 could easily buy you a D44 or Ford 8.8" and lockright.

1993yj

I used to have the D35 in my wrangler. Ran 35s for years with an ARB and stock shafts and never broke one, until the tube broke where it entered the diff housing, then a shaft broke, but the broken shaft was the least of my worries then. Moral: dont put money into a D35.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
DevinB said:
Even if you beef up the shafts and get a detroit, you still have to worry about thin, weak tubes, weak ring/pinion, and brakes that aren't up to 32"+ tires. Even though Wayne may give you a smoking deal, that $780 could easily buy you a D44 or Ford 8.8" and lockright.
I completely agree...I really do... Take that $780 and put it towards something else. I do a lot of 8.8 upgrades and can make you a deal there...:D

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
1993yj said:
I used to have the D35 in my wrangler. Ran 35s for years with an ARB and stock shafts and never broke one, until the tube broke where it entered the diff housing, then a shaft broke, but the broken shaft was the least of my worries then. Moral: dont put money into a D35.
This is what I hear all the time. I ran one with no problems until the housing broke. A super 35 kit is not going to make the housing stronger. You _COULD_ buy a Superior truss and make it a little stronger :rofl: But why put money in something like that?