d44 gm10bolt

KToy

ok i have a dana44 broke the ujoint in the axle shaft and it ruined the outer shaft. my friend has a gm10 bolt front. i know the spline on the inners is diffrent. but what about the outers and the lenght of the outers.

if its the same hes gonna let me have it. so any help would be great.

i searched on google for some tech articles concerning this matter and none had the info i needed.

i know the knuckles and balljoints are interchangable. also are the u-joints the same on both d44 and 10bolt.

thanks in advance.

KToy

i know the knuckles are but what about the outers. the info im getting else where says 10 bolts are 17 spline count at the hubs where mine is 19 at the hubs.

any helps thanks.

going wheeling to desert mountain next week and need my friends cheep axle shaft.

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
AtTiLiA said:
i know the knuckles are but what about the outers. the info im getting else where says 10 bolts are 17 spline count at the hubs where mine is 19 at the hubs.

any helps thanks.

going wheeling to desert mountain next week and need my friends cheep axle shaft.

Hey I might see ya out there what day are you gonna be there? I'm gettin a new quad, but my fuel injection is also gonna be done so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and go the the dunes and desert mountain. I really wanna try out my new fuel injection.

KToy

my axle is a d44 out of a 77 3/4 suburban. the 10 bolt we have no idea what it came out of. we will be out there saturday if we get our rigs up and running.

me ramtoy and one other guy.

as far as length and spline count ill just pull the thing and see if it works or whatever.

i hope its the same.