Dad accidentally backs up and runs over own daughter

embabe

My own epidemic!
It's a very sad story, but what I honestly don't understand is how on earth it's the car manufacturers' fault.how would you make a car without a blind spot anyway... :rolleyes: Sometimes I think that people just need to grow up a little more and take responsibility for their own mistakes!

James K

NO, I'm always like this
embabe said:
Sometimes I think that people just need to grow up a little more and take responsibility for their own mistakes!

exactly. people want to sue because you didn't tell them that such a tragedy was possible but, on the other hand they don't want to be told what to do. IDIOTS :rolleyes:

ROCKRUNNER

Very Sad I Would Die Myself If That Happened To Me. I Dont Know What They Are Seeking Wether It Be Video Cameras And Sensers Or What. But Even With That Technology People Would Forget To Check Behind Them Still! :(

Ohms

'Poser Wheeler
FYI...There are these things hanging from the side doors....called MIRRORS...they are really helpful in seeing whats behind you. I believe they are referred to as REAR VIEW...There is also one hanging in the middle of the windshield. Call me crazy-But I swear to god they work well when used.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
You can hide about 5 cars in the blind spots of my work truck at one time. Haven't hit one yet. :rolleyes:

Stupid breeding parents website said:
Manufacturers have been designing vehicles including SUVs, TRUCKS, and MINIVANS with “blind-spots” ranging from 13 to 55 feet!!! As a result, it is impossible for ANY DRIVER to see what is behind them when they are backing up.

55 feet? Gosh! That's HUGE!!!!!1!ONE!!

Last edited:

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
That's a sad story and far too common. But honestly... blaming the manufacturer? Sounds like they're just trying to place blame. But I can understand that; if you killed your own kid it'd be damn hard to take responsibility for that.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Hickey said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid breeding parents website
Manufacturers have been designing vehicles including SUVs, TRUCKS, and MINIVANS with “blind-spots” ranging from 13 to 55 feet!!! As a result, it is impossible for ANY DRIVER to see what is behind them when they are backing up.

55 feet? Gosh!

Thats only if you don't have rearview mirrors and missing one eye ;) .

Last edited:

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Wow...um...

I think that if I was the vehicle manufacturer, I would sue this family for having children in the first place. After all, if they didn't have any kids, there is no way that the dad could have run over his own daughter, and then try to blame someone else for it.

I understand that sh!t happens, but take some damn responsibility for your actions.

Some people should run over themselves. :ugh:

Ogre

Bumbles bounce!
Chiksic said:
if you killed your own kid it'd be damn hard to take responsibility for that.

No i'd have a hard time not taking responsiblity for the death of my own kids.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I know someone who ran over his own daughter as he pulled into his driveway. It's very tragic, I don't know how I would react if I did that myself. He used to work for Fieldstone Homes, so they're naming a subdivision after his daughter, "Jessie's Brook." I also know someone who was taking a shower while holding his one-year old daughter, he dropped her and she died. Again, tragic, but it's not the shower's fault... Take responsibility for your own actions!!
Devin