Dad Schaefer's '79 FSJ Cherokee

Owners Name & City-Scott Schaefer Pleasant Grove, UT

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle-1979 Jeep Cherokee Chief

Engine-360ci of tired AMC power, to be rebuilt.

Transmission-Turbo 400, to be built up!

T-Case-Quadratrash (I mean Quadratrac, sorry), to be replaced, dreaming of np203/205.

Axles-Stock Dana 44 with the stock gearing, I believe it 3.53's, to be replaced with 4.27's.

Suspension-4" spring lift from Rusty's Offroad, to be enjoyed, I love the ride and height.

Wheels and Tires-37" MTR's cut. Later who knows.

Winch-Boy I wish!!! Soon. And NO jokes about the wife!

Favorite Trails-Metal Masher, Poison Spider, Hell's Revenge, oh hell anything in Moab. AF Canyon.

Other-Since our log on is my sons and I we'll get some photo's and info on their stuff up on here too. I have only been involved with off roading about two years. I never expected to want to spend so much time and money on this hobby. Now I am addicted I can never go back nor do I want too.

It looks like the old girl will be getting a new engine to go with the new drive shaft. My son got stuck in AF canyon and the drive shaft got bent. Luckily we had a spare ready to go in. And then yesterday as Nick (same son) was on his way home from the Relic Run the engine picked that moment to give up the ghost. And once again luckily we have a spare engine too.

Paul R

It looks like the old girl will be getting a new engine to go with the new drive shaft. My son got stuck in AF canyon and the drive shaft got bent. Luckily we had a spare ready to go in. And then yesterday as Nick (same son) was on his way home from the Relic Run the engine picked that moment to give up the ghost. And once again luckily we have a spare engine too.

I hear the Relic Run had that effect on Jeeps ;)

Bummer about the engine... A good friend here at work blew his motor on day 1.