Dana 30 axle shaft options

Cory

I know, don't waste money on a 30, but I'm going to any way. So please no get a 60 crap.

Right now I have a Dana 30 from a 95 YJ. I want to upgrade to alloy shafts, but as far as I've been able to find, the only way to upgrade to alloy is to go to one piece on the passenger side? Or am I missing someone that makes alloy two-piece passenger side shafts?

The reason I want to avoid the 1 piece shaft is that I have a detroit in the front and am worried on how it will drive. I know TJs are one piece has anyone put a detroit in a TJ dana 30? If so how has it performed in 2 Hi?

ewander

Your detroit will be fine in the front... maybe a little drag here or there. I and a lot of my friends have the one peice front with an automatic locker of some type and there really aren't any issues.

In tight corners I will feel the ratcheting of my lockrite every now and then....no big deal.

cagedxj

Run Warns. Dont mess with the others. I did and they broke just like stocks. I just ended up running stock **** and carried a couple spares with hubs.