Dana 44 axle identification help

idahoyj

Trying to indentify a dana 44 axle in the front of my friends Jeep. Tried the dana site but it didnt shiw the BOM we have. I think because its pre 1978.

BOM 603316

Any help would be appreciated!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Since the BOM doesn't come up in the search, some more info would be helpful. What's it under? Was it originally under that rig? Got any pictures? And lastly, what exactly are you wanting to know? Most D44 parts fit most D44's, as far as aftermarket stuff goes. (meaning you may not need to know any more than "it's a D44", depending on what you're buying)

idahoyj

Its under a Jeep CJ7, but its a full width, passenger drop dana 44 front. He was trying to order stock-type replacement shafts and upper/lower ball joints.
I'm fairly sure its GM and since it doesnt come up on the search, i'm assuming it must be pre-78. He was saying that there were different length shafts for the different years when he was looking online. I dont know anytbing about Dana 44s.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
If it is from a full-size truck, it has to be GM or Dodge. If it was GM, they all used the same length shafts. Dodge was a bit narrower, IIRC. His best bet might be to pull it apart and measure what he has--that will tell him what it came from most likely, as well. Pass drop low pinion would have to be Dodge, GM, Wagoneer/J truck, or Scout. At least, that's all I can think of...