Dana 60 high steer

COMP4x4

I need high steer on my dana 60 ball joint axle and I heard that dana 44 flat top knuckles will work??? Is that right....and if so anybody know if it they came 8 on 6.5? I could always go dynatrac or fab up something but am wondering if there is an easier, cheaper way?

Caleb

I dont think they will...no personal experience but if the 44 knuckle fits on a 60 inner c then whats keeping guys from running 60 sized u-joints on 44s? I think that would be cheaper than CTMs with alloys...I dont think there is enough room to get shafts in and out or for u-joints...of course this is all assumption so I may be wrong...

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
uhhhhh

quick eyeball says no, the 44 is way too small. My eyeball has been known to be a shitty measuring tape though.

Let's think though: if that were true, why would anyone need to shell outfor 60 knuckles when they could use 44's? :mad2: :eek: :ugh:

waaaaaiiit a second... oh. Nope, not April 1st.

I just dont' know what to make of that question. It's counterintuitive.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Never tried it, but every fiber of my being says they will not interchange. You can make your own high-steer arms for a ball-joint 60. You just need to weld them on with some spendy welding rod that will kill you if you breath it's fumes. I built mine years ago back when I knew even less sbou how to build stuff. It's been through a ton of nasty spots now, and has never given any hint of failure. I did snap a one-ton Chevy tie rod end off at my pitman arm, and did not damage my high-steer arm, so i think it's good to go.

Darwin

GREASE MONKEY
I think tera flex makes a dana 60 knuckle for ball joints that uses a dana 44 hi steer arm check mepco