Dana 60 ???

BURB-STYLE

WhiTe tRash whEEling
does anybody know if a dodge dana 60 will fit a chevy. i have an 83 suburban and can't find any chevy 60's cheap. is the rotation in the diff the same. just from eyeballing it looks like the spring perch's should be the same.
any help greatly appreciated.

R

rockdog

Almost the same. Check out the 60 bible, written by Bilvista on pirate. More info in there than you might ever get anywhere else. ;)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Tacoma said:
isnt' the Dodge driver's side drop???

Only '94 and newer.......and they kinda suck with center-axle-disconnect and the unit bearings.

BURB-STYLE said:
does anybody know if a dodge dana 60 will fit a chevy. i have an 83 suburban and can't find any chevy 60's cheap. is the rotation in the diff the same. just from eyeballing it looks like the spring perch's should be the same.
any help greatly appreciated.

I think you'll be modifying spring perches and whatnot, but I think it'll work out. I might be willing to swap to a kingpin Dodge 60 with internal type hubs and 4.56 gears if you ran across one (some of them are D61's and have some issues--watch out). I have a duallie Chevy 60 (easily changed with hubs).

harkinoff

something to do...
tv_larsen said:
Wrong, the Dodge perch width is about 1/2" wider than the Chevy, just enought to make a difference.

ditto... 1/2" wider, atleast mine is..

You could run on a chev, but your springs wouldn't be straight...
Didn't realize there was a pinion angle difference either?

Last edited:

BURB-STYLE

WhiTe tRash whEEling
thanks guys. the narrower thing would be ok that way i wouldn't have to use spacers on the 14ff to keep track width similar. 1/2" man why can't these guys just use the same stuff.HA. why can't pick'n'pull get some gm's with 60's underneth.