Dana 60

schaeferNsons

Dirt Hedz Offroad Club
Okay here's what I've got. I have a dana 60front axle out of a dually pick up. Can it be converted to standard width? How is it done? Does any one have parts help for me. I'm trying to get this together to make it to Moab. Thanks.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Yes.

What is your axle out of? Conversion is different depending on whether you have a GM, Dodge, or Ford axle.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Hey Nick, if its the one from LKC, it is a Chevy. Pass side drop, king pin dually. I know there are some guys that have done it on here.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Like was mentioned, Chevy and pass. drop kingpin dodge you just swap the bearing hubs to an SRW version. Same axle shafts, locking hubs etc. There is a difference in bolt dia for the rotors if I remember correctly? Mine was a dually. Easy swap.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
What is your axle out of? Conversion is different depending on whether you have a GM, Dodge, or Ford axle.

How do you mean? Other than swapping hubs, I mean.

Like was mentioned, Chevy and pass. drop kingpin dodge you just swap the bearing hubs to an SRW version. Same axle shafts, locking hubs etc. There is a difference in bolt dia for the rotors if I remember correctly? Mine was a dually. Easy swap.

My CUCV and dually axles had the same bolt size. YMMV.

schaeferNsons

Dirt Hedz Offroad Club
it is the one from lkc i found a dana 44 for moab but i still want to do this swap, but my question is do i need to swap the whole knuckle or just the spindle do i need new brakes calipers. Doses any body have a parts list that would be vary helpful and thanks again for all the help

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
it is the one from lkc i found a dana 44 for moab but i still want to do this swap, but my question is do i need to swap the whole knuckle or just the spindle do i need new brakes calipers. Doses any body have a parts list that would be vary helpful and thanks again for all the help

My dually axle with an H1 wheel.
dually_hub-H1_wheel.jpg

My "dually" axle with a SRW bearing hub and the exact same tire wheel setup (H1)
SRW_hub-H1_wheel.jpg

SRW hub
DSCN1760.JPG

Dually hub
DRW%20hub%20before.jpg

d60csrw%20006.jpg

THE ONLY thing you'll need to swap is the above bearing hub. Supposedly there are differences in rotor stud diameter, but as Tacoma mentioned, he didn't have any issues and neither did I. Spindles are the exact same. Bearings are the exact same, brake calipers are the exact same.

SRW hubs are available on ebay or at Six States.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Da...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
If you are using Chevy stuff, you ONLY need to swap the hubs to SRW hubs. Super easy swap.

EDIT: MBryson beat me to it LOL
Edited EDIT: Marc's pics show the difference between H1's mounted on the respective hubs.