Dana 80 ????

No, its different. However, its close enough that the shaft flange can be re-drilled.

do you re-drill a hole new pattern or justy tweek the OEM hole's, like maybe stepping them up a few drill size's bigger. i assume that you need to grind down the outer flange becasue its to big for the 14 bolt. another words id the flange of the axle wider than the 14 bolt hub.

the only reasion im following this thread is im getting a F-450 for free and it has a dana 80 rear. the rest of the truck is a boat anchor except a few good odd's and ends.

the 80 might make its way into a KOH buggy for a friend and i dont have the axle in front of me to check. thanks for the info,

jason.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
do you re-drill a hole new pattern or justy tweek the OEM hole's, like maybe stepping them up a few drill size's bigger. i assume that you need to grind down the outer flange becasue its to big for the 14 bolt. another words id the flange of the axle wider than the 14 bolt hub.

the only reasion im following this thread is im getting a F-450 for free and it has a dana 80 rear. the rest of the truck is a boat anchor except a few good odd's and ends.

the 80 might make its way into a KOH buggy for a friend and i dont have the axle in front of me to check. thanks for the info,

jason.

Definitely follow this thread for more info... However, no "Dana 80 bible" exists that I know of at this point, so I'd recommend checking and re-checking measurements and info. Things seemed to go pretty well with the front and rear Dana 80's that we have here, but although it was all done locally, much of the arrangement was handled by the customer, not us.

At this point, Matt is in the middle of narrowing and putting together his rear 37 spline Dana 80, so we'll have that down to a science within another week ro two.

The front one is tricky. Even though the one we have here is a high pinion with 37 spline inners, it still has 35 spline stubs (until the customer can afford custom units). Once those 37 spline stubs are built, they won't just slide into place, creating a new set of challenges. The most important aspect of this front axle is the OEM knuckles. No Dana 60 parts have been used, like that of a Dynatrac "Dana 80" front axle.

Dana 80's are worth the hassle, but a hassle none the less...

Last edited:
a dana 80 HP really. ive herd of the dana 70 HP's from the kodiack trucks but never herd of a HP 80. i think the one im getting has 5.13's does this sound right.

are the 80's a two piece carrier like the early dana 70's and 14 bolt's. the only inside's i saw of a dana 80 was the dodge version and of course the R&P is huge but the ends were a dana 70 and a standard dana style carrier.

jason.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Steve, just bring that to me, I will give you a 70 or a 14 bolt, or whatever. I would love an 80 in the dually. :D You don't need that thing. :D