Dates of EJS 2003

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Does anyone know the dates of EJS 2003 or know of a link?

I tried searching but all I can find on the www is tons of stuff about last year.

Thanks in advance...:D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Thanks Shawn....

I guess its time to start getting excited for EJS, with winter rolling up on us, I already can't wait for warm weather...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit
Did any one check this out?

http://www.rr4w.com/EasterJeepSafari/letterfromtheclub.html

I guess with the growing amounts of people down there to party, it is kind've a needed statment...:(

Yeah, it is a needed statement. There are just WAY too many people there during the safari for that little town. But I do love seeing all those rigs from around the country show up for it.

Every year I say that I will never go back for the safari because of the over population during that week, but every year I keep show up down there.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'm the same way...I swear that next year I'll find a more secluded place to enjoy spring break but I always end up in Moab because the lure of all of the 4x4's and seeing wheelin' buddies, vendors, etc....

Though I enjoy the big crowds at times, I think that it is out of control and it is ruining it for those that come to wheel. I have been attending EJS for the past 5-6 years, I watch old videos from back then and it seems like night and day. In 98' Potato Salad Hill and Bump Dump were a reasonable amount of people on a Friday or Saturday afternoon. This last year (EJS 2002) I stopped by PSH and DB a couple of times as we passed through and man what a disaster area. Rigs everywhere...CARS all the way to the parking area at the top of the hill :mad: Alot of people in their state street trucks just hangin' out drinkin beer, not even getting out of the way of those attempting to climb PSH...:(

Town has become sort of a nuisance also, way too many people everywhere, gas stations are full, grocery store full, etc...Glad I stay in a house when I'm down there...the neighborhoods are much quieter...

What happened to high school kids going to St. George just so they can walk around and clog all of downtown? :confused:

Not sure if its true but I have heard numerous people say that MTV may be on location in Moab for 2003, this would just draw all the more non-wheeling people to the town...

The problem is the fact that as it becomes more difficult to handle, they will slowly try and eliminate it all together, like what happened to Widow Maker in Draper years ago...

The more I think about it the more it frustrates me...:confused:

Anyone else have the same opinion of the whole thing???

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Exact same feelings here. MTV better not show up in Moab. That would be a disaster. Last thing we need is a bunch of mtv sheep wandering around Moab during EJS. It is bad enough with all the high school and college spring breakers.

I didn't even visit PSH and DB last time. Waaay to many people everywhere. I think the best idea is to camp it out on the trails and make the mandantory visit to the Vendor show. Not much of the crowd makes it out to the vendor show.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Yeah I agree, stay away from PSH and BD! Problem is they are slowly making their way to the trails. I didn't run Hells Revenge or Fins and Things this year but I heard that they were packed all week with idiot in full-size trucks...:mad:

My group of freinds totals about 20-30 by the time we add up all the guys and we all go wheeling everyday, not just bum around town or the traiheads clogging everything up!

I guess I wish it was the same as it was 3 or 4 years ago, lots of 4x4's but not too many crowds.

P

pokeyYJ

I happen to like the large crowds but not because I like to party. The crowds is what supports Moab for the rest of the year. I have to agree that the college spring breakers should go somewhere else. But then again, I am in college and I go to Moab for Spring break because of EJS. I don't think that you should go there if you just want to party and all the high school drug dealers and their huge trucks should go cruise State. The reasons for going there should be for four wheeling, I have heard that MTV won't be there and that it was just a rumor. I think that Moab city should shut down PSH during the Safari because that is just an area for all the drunks to hang out and make the rest of the responsible four wheeling people look bad. Just my $.02

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
I have to disagree on the idea that PSH should be closed during EJS. I would much rather have all the drunkerds gathered there then spewing out onto the other trails. There is little damage that they can do at PSH and if it is closed, where would they go? Moab Rim, possibly. Now that could get scary quick. :eek:

A benign tumor is much better then rapidly spreading cancer. Just my $.02

P

pokeyYJ

You have a good point there, my idea was that if PHS was closed it would encourage less drinking and rowdyness.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Hey I'm in college also, and yes I go to moab to wheel, crowds make it fun but most of those partiers do little or nothing for Moabs economy...I know this firsthand. In fact, last year a large group of the younger crowd didn't log any hours on trails. Weeks later I talked to kids that were down there for EJS and they told me that the literally never left PSH. They got in town Thursday night, went to PSH and didn't leave until Sunday with the exception of eating and sleeping. problem is alot of the kids are starting to get sick of PSH and BD and making their ways out to the trails. I ran some more difficult trails further away from town so I didn't experience this first hand but from what I heard from others, Hells Revenge was full of idiots trying to squeeze powerstrokes through without getting the wheelwells dirty...I mean this can really destroy a otherwise peaceful day on the trail...

P

pokeyYJ

I have a friend that was one of those idiots trying to squeeze his stoker through Hells Revenge. His truck was black with 14 inches of lift and 42's dual 5" exhaust and had extreme power chips stickers all over it. I told him to stick to the street but he had to go offroad, ended up doing $5,000 in damage HEHE:D

George

Ammo Mike and myself just hope to not have a bullet zing through our camp (right over the fire) this year from one of the many drunk stupid spring breakers trashing Moab with their mommy and daddy bought 4WD's they have never learned how to drive. Or the stupid drunk kids on 4 wheelers, or people falling off Lions back. And further more &@#^ (fell off my soap box).

I did have a great time as usual but it just wasn't to safe last year with all the college spring breakers there.

As usual, I will be there at my same camp site as every year.