Deck Over Trailers

jeffsclan

Does any use these? Are they too tall after your rigs on them. I'm looking at a new to me trailer and like the width of a deck over. I was wondering what the consensus is.

Chevycrew

I ran a bumper pull deck over for years. Other than the increased wind resistance there was no negatives. Mine was 32" high with a 20' deck.

jeffsclan

Man! I keep going back and forth from a normal car hauler and a deck over. I have a smaller deck over now for atvs, it's just not strong enough for a rig. I'm needing one trailer that will do both. The advantage of a deck over is increased ground clearance if I ever need a off pavement recovery. And I can fit the four wheelers side by side without those pesky fenders. The car hauler would be easier to load/unload except for dragging the atvs sideways. I assume it would tow the full size stuff better. Do full width axles fit between the fenders? Sorry for all the questions, I just don't have any experience with them.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I sold the trailer you need a few months back.

It was a deckover but was low. It had 15" wheels that tucked under the deck and the fenders were just built into the top decking. It was the best pulling trailer Ive owned and I wish I didnt have to get rid of it.

I was gonna post the link but it looks like I deleted all the pics off photobucket.

I would recommend trying to find something like this. It was 14' flat deck with a 4' dovetail.

This is the only pic I could find real quick. I was on my way to get my new 54s

Attachments

• ttc12.jpg
    ttc12.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 53

UFAB

24ft 14k spring under 24" height

Deckover

Seems to work

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

jeffsclan

Yeah something like that! What brand are they and where did you get them. I guess the ones I was looking at where more heavy duty like equipment haulers

UFAB

Trailer places will custom build what ya need. Especially big bubbas.

Picked our trailer up in Seattle then lowered it in house.

Good luck.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

chevymog

The Reaper
I have a trailer that i am getting cleaned up right now that i am going to sale. it has a 8' by 19' deck with four feet of tongue space for tool box, 16'' wheels. if you are interested i could get you some pics

chevymog

The Reaper
cant get the pics to upload. i sent you a pm but it does show up in my sent messages. my number is 8018366366 shoot me a text and i can get you the pics

LT.

Looks like the subject is well covered. I have both and there is a place for each. The deck over is a goose neck that has an incredible hauling capacity. 25,000 lbs and it has hauled as much as 37,500 including the weight of the trailer. No issues at all and handled it easily. At 43' in total length it is easy to see why. My little bumper pull is only 24' long and is rated for only 10,000 lbs. which is perfect for a single rig and has room for a few other items. Low deck height, low weight, less drag, and better mileage while towing.

Bottom line is this. There are situations where one trailer will work but, the other trailer would be perfect and vise versa.

LT.