decreasing sammy lift

mhafen

I currently have 8 inches of lift. 3" Bone Shackles, 1.5" lift OME leafs, 5" SPOA (weld on). Ive been driving it for about 3 months and Ive noticed that it may be a little high for me! It came to my attention that I have a bend in my rear axel so... its got to be changed! I found several deals on stock sammy axels still in spring under and I was considering 2 options so I can keep my 33's:

Get the spring unders and change out the 3rds for my 5.20 3rds...
Picking up some 3" lift leaves and keeping the bone shackels for a total of 4.5" of lift (possible 2" body lift)

Get the spring unders and change out the 3rds for my 5.20 3rds... again keep them spring under and get the YJ conversion with 4" lift YJ springs. Total 5.5" of lift.

The other option is to keep it sprung over and get some new weld on perches put on the new axels.

zukking01

If you have the money, get it spring under with yj would be best.

Get a set of zuk axles and weld 2.5" wide perches in place of the 2" zuk ones or go right to toyota axles.

Body lifts screw up shifters, steering, brakes and look like POO!

sixstringsteve

If you have the money, get it spring under with yj would be best.

Get a set of zuk axles and weld 2.5" wide perches in place of the 2" zuk ones or go right to toyota axles.

Body lifts screw up shifters, steering, brakes and look like POO!

Listen to zukking, he knows his stuff. If I were to get another sammy and daily drive it, I'd have the trailtough yj spring over kit on toy axles and 33's. I'm sure the yj spring under kit would rock too, I just prefer having everything above the axle: cleaner look, and a lot less to get hung up on.

I guess it really depends on how much you are going to wheel it.

zukijames

Toy axles and sprung under yjs would be sweet or even keep the sami axles sprung under with 33s you'll probably wanta stretch the front a little and trim the fenders as needed