Default ARB locker issue?

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
ARB locker issue?

I installed an ARB locker in the back of my Disco 2. It was used when I got it.

I air tested it before I installed it and i could hear it engage the locker.

I don't have a compressor line hooked up just yet. I've been installing the compressor as time allows me. But I've noticed there is a lot of differential oil coming out of the Air Line hook up on the third member. I don't think it should be doing this. Do you think its the locker that has a fault or maybe the breather line is clogged up causing the pressure to come out of the air line?

Thanks

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
It could easily have fluid in the line, or in the cavity the bonded seal travels in. Pretty normal. Temperature changes or barometric pressure changes can make it come out. Unless it's enough volume to make you think it's continually pumping fluid out of it, I wouldn't worry too much until after you get everything plumbed properly and then see how it behaves. :)

_Auzzy_

Current Rig: 12W Boots
Arb told me it's caused by too much fluid in the difference and the vent breather won't let enough out thus pushing the fluid in when the air pressure is released.

UFAB

Alot of oil coming from air line hook up?

You mean its leaking from the bulkhead fitting or actually coming out of the line?
When you tested the ARB at diff, did you put a gauge on it and let the pressure hold for more than 15 minutes?

Sounds like a bad o-ring at bulkhead fitting.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Okay. Finally got the thing hooked up.

The Breather line seemed to be clogged. I blew it out with compressed air.

I hooked up all the airlines and installed the new wiring harness that came with my new compressor.

So, my only issue is, the only way i can get the locker to engage is to have two locker switches turned on with the compressor switch. I only have a rear locker for now. But it definitely locked up with them both on. I made some sweet tire marks in my driveway.

When it disengages, it doesn't blow any oil out. So I think that is a good sign.

Max Power

Bryce
The ARB locker harnesses are designed that way so that you have to engage the rear locker before you engage the front. You may have them wired backwards. If you are having gear oil in the air line ARB make a purge valve kit that works great.