Delta trip? - 6/11-12

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
We've never ran the trails in Richfield. Anyone interested in making a run down there in 2 weeks?

Or maybe Delta?

Last edited:

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
Maybe...... The only trail I know in Richfield is Crazy 8 and that is pretty short for a weekend. If you do Ephraim (Hanging Tree) one day and Richfield the other, it's a pretty good weekend. I don't even know if you can get up HTT yet with all the snow.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Maybe...... The only trail I know in Richfield is Crazy 8 and that is pretty short for a weekend. If you do Ephraim (Hanging Tree) one day and Richfield the other, it's a pretty good weekend. I don't even know if you can get up HTT yet with all the snow.

I thought Hanging Tree and Crazy 8 were both in Richfield... I also didn't realize there would be a threat of snow down there. If that's the case, I'd be more interested in getting something together a little later after it dries out. I hate mud :(

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
Ya Crazy 8 is in Richfield and should be no problem for snow, but Hanging Tree is in Ephraim and there may still be snow up on top. I PM'ed Rockreligious to see if the trail is still open (There was talk last year about it being closed down) and if the snow is gone. There will always be some mud, due to it being in a wash with water year round, but this time of year it could be more water than normal with the run off.

sixstringsteve

I've been dying to try hanging tree. Hit me up if it is open, and if I'm cool enough to get an invite.

Last edited:

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I rode my KX to the top of dry canyon and looked down into HTT, looked melted off, could be snow in the shadows, but likely could break through, lots of water running down it. I think Im going to be in california that week, Ill check if not id be in. I know some utah4x4club guys want to run it in july. as far as closing htt, so far its still open, there is a petition floating around to keep it open. ran crazy 8 about a month ago, its good to go.

Last edited:

Craig S

Commando
I'm interested in running Richfield. If you want to come to Delta I'll do that also. New Helldorado (4+) & Hell's Backbone (5) are two good trails that don't see a lot of action. Both can be ran in one day. The next day could be Desert Mountain (4+) or Chain Saw. There are two parts to Chainsaw, lower (4) and upper (5).

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I'm interested in running Richfield. If you want to come to Delta I'll do that also. New Helldorado (4+) & Hell's Backbone (5) are two good trails that don't see a lot of action. Both can be ran in one day. The next day could be Desert Mountain (4+) or Chain Saw. There are two parts to Chainsaw, lower (4) and upper (5).

That could be fun... I've got a bone to pick with Chainsaw.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo

Id been in for some delta trail stuff.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I am in for either trip. Let me know what is going on.

Sounds like there's more interest in Delta this time around, thread updated... What's the easiest place/time to meet on Saturday morning for New Helldorado and Hell's Backbone? Are they in the same area as Cat Canyon and Chainsaw?

For those coming from up north, I'll probably leave early Saturday morning, then camping out there Saturday night...

Last edited: