Denver

mr_blove

ask me if I care
Who has been, I have tickets to a Broncos game and am looking for a hotel. I would like to be in downtown where the night life and all the excitement is. If I understand what I have found online that is only 1-2 miles from the stadium with light rail access to the stadium. Where are some nice places to stay with walking distances to attractions? Downtown.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've been to Denver many times, but I know nothing about nightlife or downtown attractions. I'm usually there for work or picking up parts... :p I'm not much of a 'nightlife' person, I'd rather be in the mountains above Denver. You should check out the Rocky Mountain Nat. Park, if you want to see some neat country and a lot of animals.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I've been to Denver many times, but I know nothing about nightlife or downtown attractions. I'm usually there for work or picking up parts... :p I'm not much of a 'nightlife' person, I'd rather be in the mountains above Denver. You should check out the Rocky Mountain Nat. Park, if you want to see some neat country and a lot of animals.

Yup, exactly what he said. I go to Denver every month or two, but I always stay in the same hotel, and don't indulge in much night life. I always rent a car, so not much help on mass transit either. If I were to travel there vacationally, I would probably look for a hotel around Cherry Creek. It's pretty centrally located (Denver has sprawl that even Salt Lake can't rival), and it's a nice area. Unless you're alcohol-averse, I would highly recommend the Coors Brewery tour in Golden. Also, I really enjoyed a hike I took above Golden, to Buffalo Bill's grave.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
We try to visit new cities as often as possible, and find good places to eat and slum from the local rags. Denver actually has a pretty cool downtown scene. There is a kick-ass pizza parlor downtown. old school new york style at its finest.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I'm from denver. Anywhere near mile high stadium will keep you close to nightlife. Six Flags Elitch Gardens is fun, denver has a huge skatepark if you like that: its just across the street. The childrens museum has a fake ski hill across the street too. Casa bonita is legit: don't forget the sopapillas. Cinderella city dollar movie is fun if you like people watching.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Oh man I remember Casa Bonita! lol Its like an older version of our Myan Restaurant with the divers and such.

mr_blove

ask me if I care
Thank you everyone for the info. I have booked into The Westin at 1672 Lawrence Street. I will have to give a trip report when I get back to include how bad the Lions beat the Donkeys that sunday, a game I will be attending.