Desert Mountain Trip Report w/photos

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Kelly starts the sheetmetal Carnage! I think he, more or less, drove with his drivers-side on the rock for nearly 10 feet, right after this. Of course, he didn't have much of a choice once he got in there!

Just beyond here, he drove with both Passenger tires atleast 4 feet in the air! :eek:

Attachments

• kelly.damage.crack.jpg
    kelly.damage.crack.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 144

muleskinner

Good pics guys:) We had a blast, Cant wait to go again when it's a little cooler. Cudo's to Blacksheep for his work also. It was good meeting everyone in person. (shawn, Jeremy- you guys missed some killer SH!T...) My pics look about the same, so I wont use up the bandwidth;) (or my 56k dialup:D )

terrymac

Originally posted by BlackSheep
OK, here goes

Sunday
I can't remember if he made it through or had to back off and go around. I think we were finally able to get him through though. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I had to go around. I made it through on the way down and matched my body damage on the other side! I have to be a little more cautious than Spence, my daughter drives my Sami to school and for some reason, she doesn't think body damage is cool. :(

terrymac

OK, here goes

Sunday
Again, I caught up to the group and walked forward to see spence and the others working a HUGE rock with a highlift. Turns out that as Terrymac got up next to the rock, the rock slipped and started to pinch his tire. Had he tried to go further forward, they were concerned that the rock would come down on him completely. He was able to back out, and they were trying to slip the rock down into a more stable position. The width of Terry's sami was just not quite enough to make it through that obstacle, so he decided to back off and turn around. Toyota crawlin came up and made it look kind of easy. Amazing how different rigs can change your perceptions of an obstacle.

After watching Toyota Crawlin's rig walk that section, I was kind of bummed I didn't get through. Good reason to go back to Desert Mountain and conquer Terry's Wash again!

britney

Queen of Chit!!
We also had a great time at Desert Mountain, we drove out said "Hi" to the few RME's left, climed out of the truck to "releave"ourselves, then drove to little Moab picking up the RME signs on our way out. (We didn't want anyone else to get "BURNED" :D :D At little Moab we saw a few of you guys, That awesome Mr. Blacksheep came with us and we all hung out, did the fire thing, then went home. Thanks for these pics JD.:D

Here is my boy Anthony's "little" fire:

fc105930.jpg

Here's me watching the fire and eating an apple:

fc105933.jpg

What's that Burnung in the fire????????

fc105935.jpg

:D :p :p ;) Someone has to make this my new avatar please!!

B-RAD

Oh man wish I could have been there but my boy just arrived.... I think we will be grounded for a little while but, next time I hope. Looks cool out there and looks like you guys had a blast. :(

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee

Shawn, Jeremy, 1/4 elliptic, sami, portrnzk......you guys missed out big time!!!

i feel so important when you mention me. i will definately make it out for the next trip, has to be this year!! not next memorial day like someone suggested. that is cool to have a memorial one but we GOTTA go sooner than that, i'll me on a mission this time next year!

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Shawn, Jeremy, 1/4 elliptic, sami, portrnzk......you guys missed out big time!!!

Man I tried to make it out but had a little trouble with putting the front locker in I don't know how well I would have done with 31's but it looked fun Will have to go back soon.