Destiny Found!

JoeT

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=379679
Dead in a basement close to her house.
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Salt Lake police have found the body of missing 5-year-old Destiny Norton.

The body was discovered in the basement of a house near Destiny's Salt Lake City home.

Officers found the body at 8:30 tonight at 518 East Elwood Place. The resident of that home, identified as Craig Roger Gregerson, has been arrested and jailed on murder charges.

In making the announcement, Salt Lake's police chief thanked the volunteers who helped search for Destiny since she disappeared a week ago Sunday. He also asked for privacy for Destiny's family at this tragic time.

170391.gif

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
That makes me kind of sick, I was watching my 4yr old daughter while I listened to the press conference at 5 today... I do believe I'd be unhinged if anything happened to her.

There is no punishment that is bad enough for her killer.

edit: I was wrong. It makes me REALLY sick. And angry, sad, and fearful too.

Last edited:

78mitsu

A long slow painful death. This is why I think Corporal punishment should be allowed beat the F*** out of him every day for the next 10 years while he's on death row, that would be fine with me.

ALF

SURE!?
78mitsu said:
A long slow painful death. This is why I think Corporal punishment should be allowed beat the F*** out of him every day for the next 10 years while he's on death row, that would be fine with me.

Yup:mad2: put the bastard in general population with a tattoo that say "BABY KILLER" on his forehead and let the other inmates serve him with the justice he deserves-_- . When I heard this on the radio on the way to work this morning it made me sick to my stomach. What makes someone do something like this?:( He's nothing but a sick **** and no amount of "rehabilitation" can fix guys like this. Don't wast our tax money and just put this guy out of commision.

Cherokeester

I agree with all the above. Unbelievable behavior for our society. One thing that bothers me some though is all the blame going to the police and FBI. Channel 2 last night should not have aired a live interview with the "family spokesperson" in the height of her emotions. I thought that was bogus. Sad we have to go through crap like this in Utah.

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
Cherokeester said:
I agree with all the above. Unbelievable behavior for our society. One thing that bothers me some though is all the blame going to the police and FBI. Channel 2 last night should not have aired a live interview with the "family spokesperson" in the height of her emotions. I thought that was bogus. Sad we have to go through crap like this in Utah.
Their anger with the police seems out of line. Living south of Liberty Park about a mile from her home, I can speak from firsthand experience of the efforts the police made to find her. The police were at my house twice in the past week to look around and check out the backyard, as they did at every house in the surrounding neighborhoods. Not a day went by in the past week that I did not see multiple patrol cars in our neighborhood, there has been a constant police presence throughout the search. What difficulty do they have in understanding the process? As effective as it might be to kick in every door and look, they need reasonable cause to obtain the warrant necessary to have found her. I haven't seen any evidence that they could have found her earlier or established Gregerson as a suspect sooner.

I hate to see a result like this, but without the work of the fine police officers involved, it would have been much longer to find out what happened. I applaud the SLC police department and all the crap they take when some deviant does something like this.

dunatic67

It's all about the HP
Brad said:
Their anger with the police seems out of line. Living south of Liberty Park about a mile from her home, I can speak from firsthand experience of the efforts the police made to find her. The police were at my house twice in the past week to look around and check out the backyard, as they did at every house in the surrounding neighborhoods. Not a day went by in the past week that I did not see multiple patrol cars in our neighborhood, there has been a constant police presence throughout the search. What difficulty do they have in understanding the process? As effective as it might be to kick in every door and look, they need reasonable cause to obtain the warrant necessary to have found her. I haven't seen any evidence that they could have found her earlier or established Gregerson as a suspect sooner.
I agree as well. The family's present state of mind, facing this tragedy, is the main cause of such comments, IMHO.

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
carsmell said:
Why is it alwayse the neighbor.When a child goes missing every house within a mile should be searched top to bottom.
:rolleyes: I live within a mile, and I sure as hell don't want my house torn apart without probable cause. I have a feeling the other approximate 2,020 residents within a mile radius feel the same way about their right to privacy and due process as well.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
carsmell said:
Sure but I would gladly have my house searched if it would save a little girls life. a small price to pay

I am sure anybody would gladly do many things to save a little girls life. But in a perfect world, little girls don't get kidnapped either.

And no, I don't believe people should have their houses turned inside out without probably cause. That's just stupid.