Detroit EZ-locker

ALF

SURE!?
I'd like to hear anyones comments on this in the real world, Theres is one on here for sale that I'm considering but I've read mixed reviews on the web (devilbiker please take no offense to this post) The price seems good but some have written they aren't worth their weight in scrap. Please advise. :D

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
ALF said:
I'd like to hear anyones comments on this in the real world, Theres is one on here for sale that I'm considering but I've read mixed reviews on the web (devilbiker please take no offense to this post) The price seems good but some have written they aren't worth their weight in scrap. Please advise. :D

I say in a front it is ok, but I do not like the way they act in a rearend. A real detroit is a lot more predictable in the rear....this too has been discussed to death ;)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Can't beat the "BANG for the buck" ;)

Try it for a while, if you don't like it... sell it and move one. I hate them personally, but thats just because I hate the extra wear and tear they potentially place on all the related drive components. That being said, I have some customers that swear by them and have run them in many different rigs... Take it for whats its worth... a grain of salt.

Oh yeah, SEARCH :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'd agree with Marc said. The problems with lockrites are much more pronounced in the rear end and are blatantly obvious if you have a short wheelbase, manual trans, etc.

That being said, I just ordered an Aussie for the front of the 4Runner. :hickey:

ZUK

Shawn said:
Say What................?

Bahahahahahahahahaaa :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ha ha :D ha Shawn has not seen the light :)
I also agree with rckcrlr....a good buy for the front......probably ok in the rear with the cushion effect of an auto.....and I also think the Aussie has the quality edge. :shawn: ha ha ZUK :) Merry Christmas ALL!!

camicaztoy

what are you putting it in? if in a fullsize i would stay away from it. under some thing light, then go for it. i personally have been running them in my toy for about 8 years with goog luck. they are very rough but i don't drive mine everyday, so for the price they're very worth it. i've seen a few break but they were all in full size trucks.