Devil's Racetrack ~ San Rafael Swell

I'd like to see you take a stock Suburban or new Range Rover through there.

Oh, a stock suburban? Yeah, that would be sketchy and likely cause rocker damage. A Dante's Peak suburban could make it tho.

You owe me 6 bucks and a breakfast ;)

Keep a tab going. I'm sure I'll bail again if I ever get lucky enough for another invite.

All SWB 4x4's, to which I agreed can/could navigate it but I'm not going to listen to them whine back at camp because their plastic bumper cladding is scuffed :D They are not difficult trails, but many 4x4 owners are not comfortable putting scratches or dents in their daily drivers, hence my warning.

Oh, yeah. I'd have to agree with this and shade my black statement into gray.

0305001607-l.jpg

What a fantastic day! Arnold Palmers and some private tennis elbow treatment from Veronica. That one is two wheel drive, must have a locker. :)

Oh, and this one when you were just a small child:

Bebop_CA_72IHScoutII_2RR.jpg

More wonderful memories. Looks like the spoke-wheels were recently painted, without being removed. That kid in the front seat was a homeless child that we found on the pier.

Oh, and this one when you were being a rebel in high school:

131_0310_01_z+1964_international_scout_80+confederate_flag.jpg

:D

We were muddin' in an all-white muddin' club.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Oh, a stock suburban? Yeah, that would be sketchy and likely cause rocker damage. A Dante's Peak suburban could make it tho.

Keep a tab going. I'm sure I'll bail again if I ever get lucky enough for another invite.

Oh, yeah. I'd have to agree with this and shade my black statement into gray.

What a fantastic day! Arnold Palmers and some private tennis elbow treatment from Veronica. That one is two wheel drive, must have a locker. :)

More wonderful memories. Looks like the spoke-wheels were recently painted, without being removed. That kid in the front seat was a homeless child that we found on the pier.

We were muddin' in an all-white muddin' club.

:rofl: on all answers, well played :D

DAA

This thread is awesome :D.

I first did it in in 1981 my brand new 1981Toyota truck with “oversized” 30 inch tires.

I first did it around the same time. In vehicle that was bone stock, except for the tires. I don't actually remember the size of the tires, we measured them differently back then :rofl:. I think they were 7.50 x 16.5's, which would have been... 30" maybe?

Anyway, it was THIS vehicle...

Wait for it...

scan20004.jpg

Best part is, I'm not kidding! :rofl:

- DAA

DAA

Yup. A '61 with a 3 digit VIN. Was still in use last I heard, about five years ago, going to check the mail and bring back the newspaper every morning at the end of a 1 mile long dirt driveway on a ranch in Nevada.

- DAA

gumheel

desertcrawler
I wheeled with a burb for a while. Took me a lot of places and with only minor carnage which gave it character. The bumpers on those are called scrapers by the way.

lhracing

Yup. A '61 with a 3 digit VIN. Was still in use last I heard, about five years ago, going to check the mail and bring back the newspaper every morning at the end of a 1 mile long dirt driveway on a ranch in Nevada.

- DAA
Sweet ride Dave...

I may have exaggerated on the size, they could have been 29"