Diamondfork-Indian Creek-sheep creek 8/30/2011

rdneckride

My neighbor and I loaded up about 11 am and headed out from Spanish fork in the kick. The previous night in my usually Elk hunting spot I had a close call with a Bear so we were scouting for a new spot for me to hunt. We started in Diamond Fork and headed to the strawberry ridge trail. I was surprised at how smooth it was compared to the washboard hell we had going to the trail head from diamond fork. We passed some DNR employees cleaning up a drainage there and luckily the old mud hole was dry. We had no issues making it tot he top and looked down to strawberry. There we had to decide if we drive into strawberry or go south along the ridge line and loop back to sheep creek. This was amazingly smooth and a nice drive for any vehicle. As we descended down the trail called Indian creek the spring erosion from the run off was evident and we just slowly made our way down the trail still in 2WD. We finally got to a spot where half the road was eroded and dropped a few feet. We evaluated the situation and figured I could not stay right due to a nice stump that I'd likely hit and drop me in the hole on my side. We deiced to take the hole head on. (Image1) I got the front end down and did not have the traction to get the drivers front tire to start back up the rut with the back end lightened. I locked the front end and put it in 4Lo the rig crawled right out no problem. (only had the drivers rear in the air for 2-5 seconds.) lol. I stopped just past the obstacle and took image 2 looking back from my drivers seat. We put it back into 2WD and made it trough the remaining smaller holes without issue. Our trip including time getting out and scouting was 4.5 hours and was an enjoyable time out.

Attachments

• IMG00320-20110830-1403.jpg
    IMG00320-20110830-1403.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG00321-20110830-1405.jpg
    IMG00321-20110830-1405.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 29