mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
40-6mpg.jpg

That's towing mileage, BTW.

AINT SKEERED

Balls to the Walls
I Lean said:
Pictures don't lie. That's proof right there.

Marc if you are being serious then I believe you. However I know that you have issues with people posting BS mileage numbers on the internet. I thought you were joking.

mbryson

Supporting Member
AINT SKEERED said:
Marc if you are being serious then I believe you. However I know that you have issues with people posting BS mileage numbers on the internet. I thought you were joking.

Serious as a heart attack.

{measured from 2600 South down to 1500 South in Bountiful highway 89. Picture taken probably 1700ish south}

I did get 13.8 mpg (2150 rpm--give or take 50?) from Tera+ to Rattlesnake trailhead and back to 2600 South (via Toelle--62 miles from the RS trailhead to 2600 South according to my Garmin EMap). Pretty respectable, IMHO. Set the cruise by I-215 and let off at Lehi. Didn't even phase it over the point of the mountain. The gassers I'm used to towing a Jeep on a trailer with would only climb that hill about 55-60 with FULL throttle. :D

mbryson

Supporting Member
AINT SKEERED said:
Ahh I see. I tell ya about how well my XJ pulls the yota?:rofl: :rofl:

XJ towing........Oh, I've done that.... GIIICCCCh. It's not exactly a pleasant experience. I had tow a trailer with a Cheromanche on it from Crescent Junction to Moab with my old XJ (6" lift and 35" tires). I didn't dare go over about 45 mph and WAY (35ish at times, I'm sure) less going down the gorge towards Arches/Moab the last few miles. I did get LOTS of looks as folks went by. :D

AINT SKEERED

Balls to the Walls
mbryson said:
XJ towing........Oh, I've done that.... GIIICCCCh. It's not exactly a pleasant experience. I had tow a trailer with a Cheromanche on it from Crescent Junction to Moab with my old XJ (6" lift and 35" tires). I didn't dare go over about 45 mph and WAY (35ish at times, I'm sure) less going down the gorge towards Arches/Moab the last few miles. I did get LOTS of looks as folks went by. :D

Yeah... I wasn't being serious...